OSES Sales - West TX and NM to include Permian Basin
Company: Oil States Industries, Inc
Posted on: September 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for selling services provided by
Oil States Energy Services to oil and gas companies and up selling
new products and services to new and existing clients. Must have
industry sales experience within Frac and Isolation completion
work. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customers with technical support, sales brochures,
quotes and any other information to meet their needs.
- Learn new product knowledge to improve technical expertise of
our tools and the oil industry in general on a continual
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report data in order to
increase sales productivity.
- Develop and present new clients with proposals.
- Maintain a relationship with current clients to promote
productivity and loyalty while increasing sales of new
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals,
telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners,
direct mail, email and networking.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, submit detailed business
information for underwriting, pricing and presentation of solutions
to identified prospects business problems.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting
activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and
follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the
use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point to maintain
accurate records to maximize revenue
- Work with managers as needed to; find solutions to customer
needs and present products to existing customers.
- Responsible for other projects as requested by manager but not
limited to job description. . KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team
relationships with all support departments.
- Ability to calculate discounts, percentages and volumes
- Ability to operate hand tools preferred
- Ability to travel to other facilities, or work events on
weekdays and weekends.
- Must have knowledge of common best practices for the oil and
- Must have working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.(Office
- Knowledge of General Safety Procedures. QUALIFICATION
- Requires minimum of 2 years of experience in an inside and
outside sales environment. Experience in Oil/Gas service industry
- Presentation experience preferred.
- Familiar with tools and equipment utilized by company.
- Effective communication skills when dealing with all levels of
- Must be self-motivated.
- Submit monthly vehicle reports.
- Submit monthly Pcard expenses.
- Submit weekly Activity (Tempo) Report.
- Attend conference calls when assigned by area sales manager and
or region sales manager.
- Valid driver's license and meet OSES company vehicle
acquisition and usage guidelines eligibility.
- College degree or equivalent work experience. PHYSICAL
- Must be able to lift and move materials up to 50 pounds.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, standing, kneeling,
carrying, sitting, climbing for extended periods of time each day.
- Requires exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to warm, hot and cold temperatures.
- Exposure to loud noise, vibrations and bright lights.
- Must be able to travel.
- Prolonged sitting in office / vehicle environment. COMPETENCIES
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following: Analytical: Synthesizes complex or
diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition
and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and
procedures. Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a
timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects;
Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and
budget; Manages project team activities. Customer Service: Manages
difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, maintains
confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new
things. Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings. Written Communication: Writes clearly and
informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing
style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to
read and interpret written information. Teamwork: Balances team and
individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to
others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback;. Contributes to
building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own
interest; Able to build moral and group commitments to goals and
objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses
time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and
objectives; Develops realistic action plans. Professionalism:
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure;
Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their
status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows
through on commitments. Business Acumen: Understands business
implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability;
Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with
strategic goals. Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget;
Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to
profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources. Ethics:
Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust
of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds
organizational values. Organizational Support: Follows policies and
procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization
through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and
respects diversity. Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to
achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths
and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies
external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing
conditions. Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions;
Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains
reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in
decision-making process. Qualify: Demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to
ensure quality. Safety & Security: Observes safety and security
procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
properly. Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on
time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Keywords: Oil States Industries, Inc, Waco , OSES Sales - West TX and NM to include Permian Basin, Sales , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!