Material Handler IV, UD Fill (7am-7pm)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job SummarySupports production and packaging departments by
performing tasks associated with issuing and transporting materials
required for the production and packaging of pharmaceutical
products. Coordinates the flow of supplies, filters, and/or raw
materials from the warehouse storage areas to appropriate
production and packaging areas, and finished product to storage
areas. Job DetailsThis position is responsible for the
- Performing all responsibilities of Material Handler.
- Primary trainer for Material Handler job functions for other
- Assists employees with forklift certification.
- Scheduling and coordinating duties for Material Handlers on
- Reconcile material variances and assist Production in closing
orders in SAP.
- Responsible for cleaning the Material Transfer Room area on a
- In charge of housekeeping and 5S in the Material Handler
- Maintain a clean and organized work area during and at the end
of each shift.
- Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by
working safely and observing all general plant and department
- Perform all assigned duties according to departmental SOP's and
- Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current,
revised, and new SOP's relating to the job and to the
- Complete and remain current with all required cGMP and safety
- Perform tasks in production / packaging areas to contribute to
the on-time delivery of products to customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Education and
Experience:Minimum requirements for this position are: Education
High school degree or equivalent. Experience: Technical Five (5) or
more years of experience as Material Handler. Experience: Systems
Excel and SAP experience preferred, but not required. Essential
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to or willing to learn how to operate electric
pallet jack and/or forklifts.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional
and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows-based
computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn
other computer-based systems.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required
dependent on business needs.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch
to reach frequently. AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer
including disability/vets. It is AbbVie's policy to employ
qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy),
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated
veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime
or campaign badge veteran or a person's relationship or association
with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family
members, or any other protected group status. We will take
affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified
minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled
veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal
veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The
Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human
Resources office during regular business hours.Significant Work
Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2
consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Travel: NoJob Type:
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Waco , Material Handler IV, UD Fill (7am-7pm), Professions , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...