Production Tech II
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Production Tech IIResponsible for efficient operation,
trouble-shooting and preventative maintenance of production
equipment including but not limited to Casepacker, Palletizer,
Fillers, Labelers and Blow Mold equipment in accordance with
standard operating procedures.Function Related Activities / Key
responsibilities: 7pm- 7am
- Understand the production "Sequence of Operation".
- Perform all CIP duties including chemical testing and
- Proficiency in understanding, monitoring and acknowledging
machine malfunction alarms and ability to efficiently and
effectively manage solutions.
- Ability to access machine reports, alarm log, and system
monitoring pages from the operator console(s).
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information
in order to diagnose equipment problems and correctly adjust the
machine to resolve operational issues
- Monitors machine performance and quickly identify incorrect
machine performance and implement first-level troubleshooting to
implement corrective measures.
- Performs operator-based preventive maintenance on mechanical
systems to include disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly.
- Assist maintenance technicians in the completion of corrective
and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution
of the work schedule. Ensures the area is maintained in a clean,
safe, and orderly fashion.
- Work directly with cross-departmental personnel and management
to problem-solve to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and
all Company rules and policies.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment including
immediately correcting or reporting safety issues to your
- Perform quality checks and accurate quality documentation as
- Read, understand and comply with standard operating procedures
and Safety Data Sheets.
- Able to participate in team assignments.
- Able to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and
take or recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Able to set up and changeover equipment independently in an
efficient and effective manner.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, and
- Able to explain and demonstrate job tasks to all internal and
external visitors.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1 - 2 years' experience in manufacturing required
- Working knowledge of production environment and machinery.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within
60 working days of start date, to include certification on multiple
pieces of production equipment including but not limited to filler,
labeler, case packer, de-palletizer and palletizer.
- Read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
- Standing and walking for continuous periods, including 8-hour,
10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours.
- Ability to bend, lift and/or twist.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders,
etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to grip, grasp, and squeeze materials, parts, hand
tools, and products.
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective
parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine
- Ability to trouble-shoot production-related problems.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work
efficiently under stressful situations
- Ability to work 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required
necessary hours to meet the business requirements. This may include
overtime and weekend work as necessary
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of
Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to visually identify and recognize material, part, and
- Ability to participate in job development training (i.e.
- Ability to work in a team environment.JOB LOCATION AND WORK
CONDITIONS: Work is performed in high-speed bottling,
manufacturing, and warehouse environment. Work requires exposure to
all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving
equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust,
etc. Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all
shifts and extended hours as required.EQUIPMENT: Personal
protective equipment to include but not limited to steel-toed
footwear, safety glasses, hearing protection and uniform
requirements. Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments,
equipment operations manuals. Cleaning equipment and
- Train new associates
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Team
- Travel to vendor and other Company locations
- Delivering presentations
- Operate general office equipment, i.e., fax, copier, and
suppliesSkills:Mathematics; Machine Operations; English Language;
High Mechanical Aptitude; Forklift License; Troubleshooting;
Computer Literacy; Writing; Communication
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture
that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and
make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive
approach to what's possible and believe in continuous learning to
improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors
- curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work
as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of
the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit
Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how
you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis
of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
When we collect your personal information as part of a job
application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with
industry standards and best practices and in compliance with
applicable privacy laws.
Keywords: The Coca-Cola Company, Waco , Production Tech II, Professions , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!