Equipment Technician II - Set Up Attendant, MD Packaging, A2 shift
Posted on: November 19, 2021
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at . on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and
Responsible for the preparation and/or operation of various
components, materials, equipment, machines including, but not
limited to any and/or all applicable components, materials,
equipment, machines in the assigned area(s). Performs all tasks in
accordance with GMP's and department SOP's, to maintain product
integrity and quality standards.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Perform tasks in the production/packaging of product to provide
on-time delivery to customers.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians with basic mechanical
adjustments as needed.
- Perform set-up and changeovers on production / packaging
- Troubleshoot equipment and coordinate corrective actions to
reduce or eliminate defects, rejects, or equipment downtime.
- Complete all required documentation associated with the
production and / or packaging of product.
- Assist daily production in operating and monitoring technical,
computerized, production machinery, ensuring quality standards are
- Maintain a clean and organized work area during and at the end
of each shift.
- Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by
working safely and observing all general plant and department
- Perform all assigned duties according to departmental SOP's and
- Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current,
revised, and new SOP's relating to the job and to the
- Complete and remain current with all required cGMP and safety
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Incumbent has full authority to make decisions and/or take action
that is required to carry out job duties. Internal requirements
include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety,
financial, human resources, cGMP procedures, general business
policies, requirements and objectives. The incumbent must be
willing to take temporary assignments as required.
Regulated Responsibilities (including cGMP and EHS)
Incumbent is expected to be fully compliant with all criteria
established by governmental agencies, Ministry of Health, and
legislative requirements including, but not limited to: the FDA,
European Community (EC), ISO 13485 - Medical Devices, European
Economic Community Medical Device Directive (MDD), Canadian Medical
Device Regulations (CMDR), OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley, EPA, DOT, EEOC,
Incumbent will work to ensure that the company is in compliance
with all environmental, health and safety requirements and assure
our business practices enhance the welfare of our customers,
employees and the community in which we operate.
Education and Experience:
Minimum requirements for this position are:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Two (2) years of experience working with high speed production
lines and mechanical experience preferred.
Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to gown aseptically and retain certification.
- Ability to comprehend and implement good housekeeping
- Ability to work in a confined and controlled environment.
- Ability to do basic mechanical set-ups, troubleshooting and
- Ability to understand and follow machine operation
- Fast learner and the ability to teach and transfer knowledge to
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional
and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based
computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn
other computer-based systems.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required
dependent on business needs.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch
to reach frequently.
- Ability to use, clean, and store tools and other devices
required for the performance of the job in a manner which prevents
damage to the tools and / or equipment. Significant Work
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive
hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: AbbVie, Waco , Equipment Technician II - Set Up Attendant, MD Packaging, A2 shift, Professions , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!