Company: National Church Residences
Posted on: November 18, 2021
OverviewAccording to prescribed policies and procedures, under
the general supervision of the Senior Property Manager, Property
Manager, and/or Maintenance Supervisor, assumes responsibility for
general building maintenance including preventative maintenance,
minor repairs and completion of work orders. Supervises and assists
outside service personnel and vendors as needed. Reports major
repair and maintenance needs to supervisor.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assumes responsibility for assigned facility maintenance
- Conducts general maintenance of resident units and common areas
including carpentry, painting and other general repairs.
- Prepares vacant units for move-in, including, but not limited
to, painting, cleaning and carpet cleaning.
- Performs and arranges scheduled preventative maintenance and
cleaning. Completes inspections and tests, and maintains logs and
records reflecting results.
- Performs maintenance on all security systems, fire alarms, and
- Adheres to schedule and takes assigned on call duties as
- Provides assistance and direction on outside service and repair
- Performs landscaping duties (lawn mowing, hedge trimming, bed
maintenance) as needed.
- Maintains grounds, parking lots, and driveways, including
keeping walkways and parking lots free of snow and ice.
- Cleans common areas of property. Duties include emptying trash,
dusting and vacuuming; polishing/cleaning furniture, cleaning
fixtures, window ledges, mopping floor areas.
- Cleans and deodorizes bathrooms. Replaces toilet paper and
- Removes trash from common areas. Maintains dumpster area.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining related maintenance
- Tracks and records preventative maintenance procedures.
- Completes work orders and inspections appropriately per policy
- Reviews all Material Data Safety Sheets and follows
instructions regarding use, disposal of or spills.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective communication, coordination, and working relationships
with residents, co-workers, community leaders, owners, management,
vendors, and service providers.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and any
significant problems or maintenance concerns.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required. Completes
required records and reports.
- Assists vendors and service providers as needed.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all residents and
staff are treated with respect and dignity. Reports all complaints
made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors.
Reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of
funds/property and/or any other corporate compliance items drug
free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local
regulations and laws immediately.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
- Manages relationships, both internally and externally
exercising appropriate communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable and adhere to fair housing laws.
- Completes assigned training in a timely manner.EXPECTATIONS
- Resident units are in good repair, and well maintained. Vacant
units are readied for move-in in a timely manner.
- Common areas are in good repair and well maintained.
- Common areas and grounds are clean and free of trash.
- Preventative maintenance and repairs are effectively performed
in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Maintenance needs and problems are promptly identified and
resolved or reported to supervisor.
- All responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent
with National Church Residences' Core Values of Mission,
Compassion, Leadership and Professionalism.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set
forth in the National Church Residences Employee Information Guide
(EIG), Policy and Procedure Guide (PPG), and facility handbook
including, but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free
workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local
regulations and laws.
- Achieve acceptable Resident Satisfaction score as
- Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed,
proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is
- Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsEducation: Must
have high school diploma or equivalent.Experience: One to two years
maintenance experience. Knowledge of janitorial equipment and
maintenance procedures.Skills/Abilities: Good mechanical and
problem solving abilities. Well organized and able to work well
independently. Able to coordinate well with others and
professionally assist others as needed. Attentive to detail. Must
have working knowledge of computer or tablet software. Good
communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Must have
working knowledge of computer or tablet software.Mental: Must have
the ability to understand data and carry out verbal and written
instructions.Licensure: Valid driver's license and able to meet
National Church Residences' motor vehicle policy.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military
status, disability, genetic information and/or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.Job Type: Full-timePay:
$15.00 - $17.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
- On callWork Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: National Church Residences, Waco , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!