Company: Central Garden & Pet
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Come join the team at Kaytee in Chilton, where you have the
opportunity to work with products for birds, hamsters, rabbits and
other small animals. We offer a clean work environment with free
uniforms, onsite fitness center and an onsite Health & Wellness
clinic for employees and their families. Other benefits include
full medical, dental and vision coverage, free life and disability
insurance and a full 3% match on your 401k contributions, along
with a yearly profit-sharing bonus. We are currently in need of a
1st Shift Logistics Coordinator to be a part of our Kaytee division
based in Chilton, WI. You will be responsible for Managing
logistics of the inbound/outbound movement of product at the
distribution center and responsible for maintaining customer
accounts from the distribution center. If you find your skills
match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to
apply for this position! At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and
CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our
employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy
homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North
America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China
and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets
live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our
mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries---one
blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at
www.central.com to learn more. MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Responsible for checking drivers in at the window, verifying
load, and delivery numbers. Record the times the drivers report at
the window and log it into the trucking book; manage wait times and
communicate with the supervisors anytime a truck is here for more
than a half hour.
- Responsible for booking the inbound appointment times with
trucking companies making sure not to over book one time slot or
shift. Keep an open line of communication with supervisor on
inbound/outbound trailers throughout the day.
- Enter orders into specific websites to initiate the logistic
process, as well as contact other customers with their pick up
- Create bill of ladings.
- Map orders.
- Act as a backup in most aspects to the rest of distribution
center office staff.
- Make inbound and outbound appointments.
- Book inbound and outbound freight.
- Check shortages and generate orders as time allows, making sure
there are enough orders ran.
- Coordinate claims with Senior Logistics Coordinator for lost or
damaged product. IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Ability to use a--variety of computer software; Excel, Word,
SAP, Outlook, etc.
- Problem solving and organizational skills--are required.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of alertness and safe
manner. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is performed largely in the warehouse office
- Hours of work will generally be during 1st shift hours and
average at least 40 hours a week.
- There will be some variation in work hours due to employee
shift schedules, special projects, deadlines and other concerns. We
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristic protected by law. #LI-TS1 All successful applicants
should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs
prior to beginning employment.
Keywords: Central Garden & Pet, Waco , Logistics Coordinator, Professions , Chilton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!