Manufacturing Technician I - MD Fill - 2nd shift
Posted on: July 15, 2020
AbbVies mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
peoples lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, womens health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job DescriptionPosition Overview
Working within in a controlled environment, the Manufacturing
Technician I has responsibility to maintain environmental standards
established for Unit Dose / Multi Dose Aseptic Areas to ensure
regulatory compliance in accordance with Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMPs) and department Standard Operating Procedures
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Perform inspections of products and pulls Quality Assurance
samples for Microbiology and Chemistry testing.
- Perform aseptic interventions on equipment.
- Remain manufacturing processes and procedures by reviewing
current, revised, and new SOPs relating to the job and
- Complete and remain current on all required cGMP and safety
- Assist Maintenance Technicians with basic mechanical
adjustments as needed.
- Complete all required documentation associated with the
production and / or packaging of product.
- Assist daily production in operating and monitoring technical,
computerized, production machinery, ensuring quality standards are
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities, as necessary, within
the Unit Dose / Multi Dose department, in an effort to provide the
required support to ensure adherence to the production
- At least two (2) year related work experience, preferably in a
high-speed production or manufacturing environment.
- Basic user knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP experience
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment
- Aptitude to perform basic mechanical adjustments to filling
machinery. Knowledge of aseptic practices, sterile gowning,
disinfectant cleaning and operating of machinery in Class 10,000,
Class 1,000, and Class 100 fill rooms.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Work in a confined, controlled environment for extended periods
of time, functioning effectively as a team member.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Capable to work in a Class 100 Environment. Ability to use
Aseptic Room gown that includes surgical mask, goggles and comply
with gowning validation and subsequent gowning verifications.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required
dependent on business needs.
- Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Ability to perform detailed tasks and document activities
completely and accurately.
- Ability to think and plan in a logical sequential order.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time. Capable of using
hands to feel objects, use tools or controls and reach with hands
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional
and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based
computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn
other computer based systems.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch
to reach frequently.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Associates degree
preferred with coursework in the Sciences.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: AbbVie, Waco , Manufacturing Technician I - MD Fill - 2nd shift, Professions , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!