Company: Engie North America
Posted on: June 14, 2020
PurposeOperate and maintain the site by optimizing wind
generation availability and performance through established
procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and
East Texas Regional Manager
Prairie Hill Wind Site / Mart, Texas
Essential Job Functions
- Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core
- Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and
ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety
procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to
through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and
maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site BOP Tech,
including coordinating with service providers, contractors,
producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly,
Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Operate site equipment, both directly and remotely
- Monitor site performance
- Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local
utilities and ISOs.
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard
maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and
follow up to assure work conformance
- Perform routine inspections - safely using tools (e.g.
multimeter and IR Camera)
- Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening
to other's ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving
- Primary point of contact for all landowners
- Manage Spare Parts inventory
- Coordinate work on site between different contractors
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning
necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
- Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will
enhance plant performance and availability
- Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the
- Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting
- Support operations at other sites during unusual events
- Equipment operation training - contractors orientation , other
- Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis
techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment
- Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Support other wind assets including solar generating sites for
planned and forced outages-may require overnight stays
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain substation equipment such as:
electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers
and collection lines
- Be proficient in access substation relay log files and
- Put together LOTO for substations, transformers, electrical
switches, transmission lines and collectors lines
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
- Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
Verbal and non-verbal; i.e., formal reports.
- Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the
capability of learning), calculator, etc.
- Must hold or obtain a valid passport, and be able to travel
internationally with minimal restrictions.
- HV experience, able to attain AVO substation technician
certification within 12 months of hire
- Reside within 50 miles of the site
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, office 365.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting;
climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as
required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling;
reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs);
feeling; talking and hearing.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read
and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a
confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at
various heights greater than 250 feet and in adverse conditions
during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment
(PPE) including but not limited to - fall protection equipment,
hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing,
- Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR
- 3-year diploma in a technical program or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience industrial MV/HV voltage
- Trades qualifications an asset: (Lineman, Electrician,
Millwright, Control Technician)
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon
transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is
more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy!
ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create
the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and
flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the
future. Are you up for the challenge?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status
under federal, state or local laws.
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
- Posting Date: May 15, 2020
Keywords: Engie North America, Waco , Wind Technician, Professions , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!