Company: American Heart Association
Posted on: January 12, 2020
OverviewAre you ready to join an organization where you can be a
relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?Envision
all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart
disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American
Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single
day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!This is satisfying
work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can
achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will
connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner
with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and
others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices
and proper healthcare.ResponsibilitiesThe American Heart
Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Statistical
Analyst in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas
(remote/home based is acceptable)This role plays an integral part
in supporting the daily functions of the Centers for Health Metrics
and Evaluation. Responsibilities include performing statistical
modeling and analysis of multi-level data sets in order to predict
or report outcomes of AHA programs and research. Additional
responsibilities include organization, analysis, and reporting of
data collected from various sources, including AHA program data and
national health surveillance data as well as applying various
visualization and business intelligence tools to provide
understanding and communicate data to support organizational
decision making.Essential Job Duties:
- Conducts data analysis with quantitative and qualitative data.
Analyzes data using a variety of statistical methods such as,
logistic and linear regression; GEE or random effects models for
longitudinal or multilevel analysis, latent class group-based
analyses, and analysis of missing data. Develops summary reports
that include interpretation of findings.
- Assists in the management of studies conducted internally, such
as those to evaluate AHAs programs and media campaigns. Assists in
the management of studies conducted in collaboration with external
partners and government collaborators, such as projects to develop
- Prepares statistical reports for ongoing scientific
investigations and presentations, prepares program evaluation
reports to inform recommendations for quality improvement; develop
factsheets and brief reports to substantiate facts for all AHA
- Develops and manages data dictionaries and documentation of
data reporting standards. Oversees quality control of data
collection and database management.
- Develops logical data models, documentation, and specifications
for information systems, and decision support systems (e.g. My Life
Check recommendations engine.
- Coordinates with program implementers to develop and optimize
systems for data collection across the entire program lifecycle
(planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Develops interactive/dynamic dashboards with tools like Tableau
and R.Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the
experience we require:Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health
(MS, MPH, MPP, MSPH) or a related field of study.
- Minimum of three (3) years of POST Degree experience in
statistical analysis and modeling which includes hypothesis.
- Proficiency in statistical programming (SAS, STATA or
- Proficiency in building, implementing and supporting Tableau
- Proficient with database management and analytic tools and
languages supporting data analysis and reporting - R, Python, SQL,
- Effective skills in project management, preferably in health
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Proficiency in database development, management, and quality
- Excellent written communication skills with a focus on
interpretation of statistical output appropriate for a variety of
audiences.Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Candidate has an interest in tobacco control, media campaigns,
cardiovascular or brain health promotions.
- Effective writing skills for different audiences (scientific,
media, lay, etc.
- Experience with analysis of data focused on cardiovascular
disease epidemiology or similar/related chronic disease.
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools like Anteryx,
Qlikview, Tableau and other data science certifications.So, are you
ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization
dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other
cardiovascular diseases?Click on New Resume (or Existing Resume if
you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online
application. Only those deemed most qualified will be contacted to
interview.At American Heart Association - American Stroke
Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to
both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to
heart health and stroke prevention.to see other opportunities.Be
sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALifeEOE Protected
Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesLocation US-TX-DallasPosted Date
7 days ago (12/30/2019 1:28 PM)Requisition ID 2019-5525Job Family
Group Science and ResearchJob Category Science & ResearchAdditional
Locations US-AnywhereUS-AnywhereLocation: Waco,TX
Keywords: American Heart Association, Waco , Statistical Analyst, Professions , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!