EMS - 911 Communications Supervisor in Waco, TX
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: November 5, 2019
EMS - 911 COMMUNICATIONS SUPERVISOR IN WACO, TX
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
POSITION TITLE: Communications Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager or Director
LOCATION: Waco, TX
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Company: American Medical Response
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Communications Manager or Director, the
Communications Supervisor functions as a resident, communications
and customer service expert. The Communications Supervisor will
assist in the oversight, direction and evaluation of the delivery
of customer service from the communications center by being a
leader of quality and process improvement activities, training and
continuing educational needs as determined by evaluation, and
related processes of continuous quality improvement to enhance
Previous experience in a 911 Emergency Dispatch Center or Emergency
Services facility. Associate s degree in health care, nursing,
healthcare or business administration, or related field of study
* Ability to obtain and maintain certification as an NAED EMD and
* Demonstrated success in establishing a wide range of business and
* Demonstrated success in developing, motivating and directing high
* Ability to supervise the daily communications center operations
including working in a dispatching role when necessary.
* Demonstrated ability to promote consistent team-based
communications between all members of the department and to promote
inter- departmental relationships.
* Meet monthly key contact center performance goals for customer
satisfaction, quality, productivity and key performance
* Deliver breakthrough levels of improvement by applying process
* Achieve customer service goals and affect advancements in the
quality and level of care provided by communications center
* Provide leadership and assistance in the planning, development,
implementation, and monitoring of customer service related
* Monitor and evaluate employee monthly performance, including
using call recording and quality assurance applications, review
productivity and attendance reports, and coach staff members to
* Ensure that customers questions and problems are resolved
properly and quickly according to complaint resolution processes.
Address challenging customers and problems that require escalation
outside of the department.
* Will act as an internal consultant by assisting the
design/redesign, development, implementation and monitoring of
process improvement to enhance quality, operational performance and
* Other duties as defined by formal job description.
* Establish and ensure positive, working relationships within the
AMR organization, and maintains a cohesive working environment both
within the Department interdepartmental relationships.
* Build and maintain a positive working environment that attracts
and retains high- quality staff.
* Establish and ensure positive working relationships with
co-responders, EMS Agencies, area hospitals, clinics, community
health departments, regulatory entities, and allied
Leadership/Supervision, Stewardship Citizenship
* Assist and provide ongoing leadership and guidance to align key
stakeholders: group leadership, operating leaders, other team
members to uncover and assess process improvement opportunities
* Establish and ensure the Communications Center adheres to
prescribed standards of quality assurance and performance
* Ensures their shift meets or exceeds all governmental, regulatory
and accreditation standards in all areas of day to day
* Support and uphold all policies, procedures, and protocols
associated with the operations of the Communications Center and AMR
as a whole.
* Facilitate, train, mentor and coach others throughout the
Communications Center in the use of process improvement tools and
application/execution of these tools
* Foster a workplace that results in the development of a high
performing team of professionals and staff. Insure that all staff
are properly coached and directed, and that clearly defined
measurements of performance and rewards are utilized to enhance
individual and departmental effectiveness.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including
American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Waco , EMS - 911 Communications Supervisor in Waco, TX, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!