Care Transition Specialist - Senior Care
Posted on: July 8, 2019
We Are Hiring Specialist-Care Transition - Office Operations SNF
001 - Full-Time,Day - Providence Village - Waco,TXWhy Join
Ascension? Senior Living and Long-Term Care CommunitiesAs a
subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing
services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can
enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every
stage.We're the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our
living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory
care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing
care.More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living
communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C.
Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension -
professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering
people to age successfully.What You Will Do As an Associate with
Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity toAs a
critical member of the marketing and admissions team, this position
works closely with hospital discharge planners, physicians, social
workers, case managers, and management to generate referrals and
ensure a smooth discharge process for patients transferring to an
Ascension Living (AL) community.Responsibilities:Admissions
- Work with referral sources (hospitals, physicians, social
workers and case managers) to identify prospective residents.
- Obtain necessary information and documentation, review patient
charts and plans of care, including medication lists, to ensure
clinical appropriateness for community and to determine if the
patient meets Medicare guidelines.
- Make decisions regarding pre-admission assessments, and
interprets potential patient's medical condition, and past medical
history while obtaining appropriate documentation.
- Complete on-site hospital, community, and home visits to gather
information regarding potential admissions.
- Communicate with hospital staff to establish a coordinated plan
of care for patients admitted or awaiting admission.
- Coordinate the completion of the admission process and ensure
that appropriate resources are obtained for a successful transfer,
and provide appropriate information to facilitate continuity of
- Collaborate with attending physician to effectively manage the
hospitalized patient and ensure that transfers are expedited as
soon as possible.
- Consult and collaborate with physicians, hospital staff, and
other professionals to provide clinical expertise, as
- Act as liaison between hospital, physicians, nursing homes,
other medical providers, and Ascension Living facilities to resolve
problems, provide information and maintain positive
- Identify potential payer sources, establish primary payers,
document demographic/clinical/payer information, and determine
coverage availability for third party non-government payers.
- Maintain current contact information on existing and new
referral sources, and prospective residents and regularly review
and follow-up same.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Marketing
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all services and
resources provided by Ascension Living community, and knowledge of
resources that are available in the community.
- Participate in and assist with marketing activities and events
- Provide on-going communication with target referral sources
including appropriate personnel at referring facilities, as well
as, referring physicians.
- Market and promote community in order to maintain acceptable
census and community profitability.
- Develop and maintain referral sources, and educate others about
the company, increasing visibility and reputation in the medical
community, and identify market needs and trends.
- Make regular rounds (on-site and telephonic) of referral
sources and maintain continuous communication with them, and
actively market Ascension Living services.
- Collect data regarding inquiries/referrals, pre-admission
evaluations/outcomes, and enrollment for regular monthly reports
for the Administration.
- Participate in regular admissions meetings.
- Attend management meetings and required in-services.
- Contribute to the admission process and protocol development,
problems-solving and productivity enhancement in collaboration with
medical and nursing leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.What You Will Need
- N/AEducation / Experience:
- Consideration will be given to healthcare professionals with at
least five years of relevant experience and bachelor degrees in a
healthcare or business related field.
- Prior sales/marketing experience in senior care and/or
post-acute care is preferred
- Managed care knowledge/experience preferred.Equal Employment
Opportunity Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For
further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: " Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify
Statement Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Waco , Care Transition Specialist - Senior Care, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!