Company: Milton Hershey School
Location: Mount Calm
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is hiring married couples to be
houseparents. Houseparents are the core of MHS. Couples live with
and are responsible for a small group of students over several
years. Houseparents care for and provide a consistent family-like
structure students can rely on and teach skills and values outside
of the classroom. Houseparents have a lasting impact. That's why
it's a career that's worth every minute! - -
- Nine days on, three days off
- Mornings\: Prepare students for the school day
- School daytime\: Attend trainings or enjoy personal
- Afternoons and evenings\: Extracurriculars, chores, meals,
homework, and more
- Weekends & Summers\: Time for enrichment, recreation, and
Milton Hershey School offers an exceptional educational experience
to students from lower-income families who are looking for greater
opportunities and allows them to explore their individual interests
to the fullest. Houseparents collaborate extensively with students'
families and other MHS staff to foster student success and build a
community of caregivers. They also handle responsibilities such as
driving, administering medication, budgeting, reporting, etc. -
Houseparents are responsible for all aspects of student development
including spiritual well-being. Couples lead students in daily
devotions and take students to Judeo-Christian Sunday chapel
services. More info about -MHS Religious Programs -is available via
this link. - Proselytizing is prohibited. Today the community is
made up of a large diverse, population of students and houseparents
from a wide range of backgrounds and faiths, united by a shared
commitment to the School's values\: commitment to mission,
integrity, positive spirit, and mutual respect.
Houseparents are first hired in a flex role in which couples
provide coverage in different student homes until they're assigned
their own home.
- Salary of $42,903 per person (a total estimated compensation
package of $150,000 for you and your spouse that includes housing,
meals while on duty, utilities, comprehensive benefits, and a
combined pre-tax salary)
- Relocation assistance and paid training are provided.
- Experience working or volunteering with youth, preferably youth
from under-served settings. -
- This is a two-person job for couples legally married for at
least two years.
- Both spouses should be age 27 or older.
- No more than two dependent children may reside in the student
- Abide by a smoke free and weapon free campus. No alcohol is
permitted while on duty.
- Limitations on pets. -Only fish or one dog of approved breeds
- Valid driver's license -in good standing and an ability to
become certified to drive.
- Skills include leadership, interpersonal, organizational,
administrative, computer, budgeting, flexibility, and persistence.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. - -
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all
MHS staff are role models for students. - -
- Please note - both spouses must complete an individual
employment application to be considered.
Keywords: Milton Hershey School, Waco , Houseparents, Full-Time, Other , Mount Calm, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!