Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Knife River
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for the safe
and efficient operation of multiple pieces of construction
equipment. Equipment Operators are proficient in the use of a
diverse range of construction equipment, including, Excavators,
Loaders, Dozers, Rollers, Graders, and other pieces of equipment.
Minimum Qualifications: 1. General education, grammar and
arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Preferred knowledge of earthwork, road and highway
3. Experience operating a diverse range of construction equipment
4. Experience with equipment maintenance & operation.
5. Ability to communicate with foreman and crew.
6. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and
7. Ability to work long hours and weekend if needed.
8. Ability to work in all out door weather conditions. Essential
1. Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate
2. Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
3. Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling
and cleaning) on equipment.
4. Maneuver heavy equipment into loading or unloading positions,
following signals from loading crew as needed; check that the
vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is
5. Use various pieces of equipment to perform fine grading and
finishing, sloping and banking, backfilling, demolition, ditching,
loading, excavating and stockpiling.
6. Operate equipment on public roadways, maintaining proper
awareness of ones surroundings.
7. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth
operation of the equipment.
8. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (equipment
operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems
with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
9. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation
10. Perform other construction related duties as required.
11. Timely and regular attendance is an essential requirement.
* Paid Company Holidays * PTO * Two Medical Plans with GENEROUS
Employer contributions * Health Savings Account, partially funded
by Company* Prescription Card * Flexible Spending Accounts for
Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life
and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income
Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement
* Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life
Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity for
Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee
Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, Access to Legal Advice *
Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship
Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply:
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status or any other protected category under
applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are
encouraged to apply. Subject to pre-employment drug testing and
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife
River Corporation South, PO Box 1800, Waco, Texas 76703
Position will remain open until 2/28/2023 or until it is
Keywords: Knife River, Waco , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!