Specialist, Systems Test Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Systems Test Engineer
Job ID: IMS4
Job Location: Waco, TX
L3Harris is a company of innovators, game changers, and
entrepreneurs! As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of
communication, electronic, and sensor systems used on military and
commercial aircraft platforms across the globe. We embrace
innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for
military and commercial customers.
The ISR Sector is one the business units within the Integrated
Mission Systems (IMS) Segment, focused primarily on the design,
modification, fielding and enduring support of both tactical and
strategic Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft
for US and international customers. The ISR Sector is headquartered
in Plano, TX, and has additional operating locations in Greenville,
Waco, and Rockwall, TX, as well as Tulsa OK and Nashville TN.
This role is based in the heart of Texas in Waco, and relocation is
provided! Waco is an excellent place to live if you're looking for
a bustling, but small, college town with delicious BBQ, friendly
neighbors, and a very favorable cost of living (Texas has no state
tax!) and is close to the major metropolitan cities and attractions
that TX has to offer. Learn more about Waco here:
The Specialist, Systems Test Engineer will be responsible for
performing systems engineering test tasks associated with aircraft
modernization,maintenance and new aircraft systems integration and
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Performs development and execution of software quality methods
- Responsible for tests, methods and procedures to ensure
continuous improvement to software quality assurance
- Support the development effort required to integrate Avionics,
Communications and Mission systems on multiple assigned
- Tasking includes authoring of Test Procedures, and performing
System Operation and Verification Tests (SOVT) for avionics,
communications, including cockpit systems, special mission systems,
and navigation equipment.
- Desired Technical skills include proficiency in the use of
common and advanced test equipment, including test related
- Candidate may also support future business pursuits, which
include avionics systems development and integration for military
- Candidate must interface well with other disciplines and
effectively present technical information to others which include
customers, subcontractors, and other stakeholders, while setting
and maintaining the highest ethical standard for self and
- Candidate should understand basic electrical theory,
electronics test equipment (digital voltmeter, oscilloscopes,
spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, RF power meters, network
Analyzers) and their applied use in testing of RF systems and mixed
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting block diagrams,
wire diagrams, and circuit schematics to isolate component
- Travel may be up to 50% of the time and required primarily
within the U.S, but may include OCONUS.
- Bachelor degree plus a minimum of 4 years aircraft systems test
- With an Associate degree must have a minimum 8 years aircraft
systems test engineering experience.
- With H/S or GED must have a minimum of 10 years aircraft
systems test engineering experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have functional working knowledge of Microsoft Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as
- Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for
conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and
reinstallation of wiring as necessary. Sometimes in confined
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds or if weight is over,
employee must utilized a lifting team of two people; the load
should only be increased by two thirds the sums of their individual
- Ingress/ Egress evaluations will be conducted to determine
compatibility with criteria specified for emergency aircraft
evacuation procedures. Preferred Additional Skills:
- A&P and/or FCC license desired
- Effective communicator
- Strong team member
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Waco , Specialist, Systems Test Engineer, Other , Abbott, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!