Physician Assistant - PA
Company: Premier ER & Urgent Care
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job Summary: The Physician Assistant's primary purpose is to
provide effective, efficient and primary care to Premier patients.
He/she provides general treatment, conducts examinations, treats
illnesses, orders and reviews lab tests and prescribes medication
for children and adults. He/she will conduct follow up calls to
patients to discuss patient's progress and address any concerns.
He/she collaborates with providers and other multidisciplinary
staff; provides support for staff, patients and family; assures
quality of care by developing and interpreting company philosophies
and standards of care; adheres to Texas Medical Board and to other
governing agency regulations. Reporting Structure: Reports to
Facility Medical Director or designee who holds the employee
responsible for the achievement of desired goals and objectives and
to the Medical Director for medical standards oversight. Education,
Qualifications and Credentials:
- Minimum of a Master of Science or Master of Physician Assistant
from an accredited program required.
- Valid Texas Physician Assistant license required.
- Must have BLS certification.
- Must have a valid DEA license in the state of Texas.
- Must be able to meet and maintain current Premier credentialing
and privileging requirements. Essential Job Functions: The employee
must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be
successful in this position.
- Serves as a resource person, consistently displays and models
Premier's vision and core values.
- The PA will provide professional nursing and/or medical aspects
- Perform initial patient screenings, patient history, and
- Nursing and/or medical diagnosis for emergent and urgent
presentation of acute, sub-acute, or chronic healthcare
- Orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Makes a diagnosis and determines plan of care for acute and
chronic health problems.
- Provides written orders for all medical intervention and
therapeutics prescribed and or provided.
- Provides patient education, counseling, and health
- Analyzes test data and determines the need for patient referral
and physician consultation when needed.
- Updates patient records and check records for accuracy.
- Delivers quality patient care in an expedient manner with the
goal of reducing the patient's length of visit while providing all
- Uses discretion to maintain confidentiality concerning
patients, employees and medical staff to protect the privacy and
rights of all involved.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Communicates with physicians and ancillary staff efficiently
and in a collegial manner.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Performs other duties as directed/assigned; researches and
analyses information; prepares statistical and narrative reports as
needed. Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Familiar with a variety of medical concepts, practices, and
procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
- Obtains/Maintains a knowledge of current federal and state laws
and regulations (including HIPPA, COBRA/EMTALA, Texas FEC
Rules/Regulations, Board of Nurse Examiners, etc. that apply to
Freestanding Emergency Centers and Physician Assistants.
- Possesses ability to facilitate, build consensus and negotiate.
Ability to demonstrate sensitivity for and understanding of
clinical disciplines and issues.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills and
the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and able to problem solve and follow through to
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with all
staff at various levels in the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Possesses ability to read, analyze, and
interpret data. Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Ability to use basic Microsoft Office applications and
applicable computer-based business programs. Age specific
requirements: Demonstrates the ability to work with patients in the
group specific to the environment. Physical Demands: The physical
demands below are typical of those that must be met by the employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be available for individuals with
- Employee is regularly required to hear and speak; is frequently
required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, reach with hands
and arms, lift and move more than 10 lbs.;
- Employee is occasionally required to lift and move objects up
to 30 lbs., climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Required to constantly make
decisions and concentrate.
- Ability to work with and around potentially hazardous materials
and disease This position works (3) 12 hour shifts typically
Keywords: Premier ER & Urgent Care, Waco , Physician Assistant - PA, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!