Plant Administrator - Whitney Sand & Gravel Plant - TX
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job Description:The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North Americas leading supplier of cement,
aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of
plants and thousands of employees working across the United States
and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the
worlds largest building materials companies.
The Plant Administrator role is based at the Whitney Sand & Gravel
plant location near Laguna Park, TX and reports directly to the
Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Operations Specialist,
ThePlant Administrator will perform a variety of activities. While
serving as the point of contact for customers and visitors at the
site you will have you finger on the pulse of quarry activity, all
the while keeping daily records of maintenance, preparing monthly
The Plant Administrator opportunity is perfect for the professional
who is looking to develop their career within a dynamic Aggregates
What youll get to do
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts payable.
- Ensure accurate coding and consistency.
- Ensure compliance with Purchase Card Policies and reports.
- Responsible for all aspects of Payroll.
- Responsible for Energy (Fuel and Electricity) usage on the
- Responsible for Safety Records.
- Annual Refresher, New Miner, Site and Specific Training for all
people all quarry site.
- Maintain Task Training Matrix with regular updates.
- Ensure Contractor compliance to Lehigh Hanson mandates.
- Ensure HAZCOM is up to date and within compliance.
- Responsible for Personnel issues on site, Vacation Tracking,
LOA, New Hires - pre-employment and orientation, Termination,
general benefit questions, and all other documentation for
- Responsible for Weekly and Monthly Cost Estimates.
- Responsible Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reporting and reviewing for
- Production/Sales Reports.
- Corporate Financial Reports.
- Corporate Performance Reports.
- Responsible for Corporate Transactions (Fixed Assets,
Inventory, Royalties, Taxes, etc.).
- Responsible for Environmental Inspections and
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Inspections and reports.
- Environmental sampling when required.
- Provide Environmental training as necessary to ensure
- Assistoperations team with public relations.Essential
Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Should have good written and verbal communications skills and
have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful.
- Strong leadership & organizational skills.
- Experience in SAP is preferred.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of any organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area
circumference, and volume.
- Be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and
keep them progressing to completion.
- Works closely with Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager,
Engineering Personnel, Maintenance Supervisor, Production
Supervisors and Maintenance Leads.Preferred Experience and Skills
- SAP & Microsoft Office programs
- Construction materials industry experienceWork Environment
- Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving
mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated
noise levels, and dusty conditions.What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching contributionsIND123Required
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Waco , Plant Administrator - Whitney Sand & Gravel Plant - TX, Other , Meridian, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!