Sr. Specialist, Mechanical Designer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Mechanical Designer
Job Code: IMS20221306-84031
Job Location: Waco, TX
Mechanical Designers at L3HARRIS have the opportunity to engage in
a wide variety of design activities over a broad range of aircraft
(both fixed-wing and rotary-wing). Mechanical Designers are
responsible for supporting development of designs ranging from the
integration of state of the art airborne systems into special
mission aircraft to developing specialized aircraft modifications.
Engineers utilize 3D parametric CAD, rapid prototyping and other
tools in the development of designs and validation of those
designs. Engineers will produce technical drawings, procedures and
other documents to thoroughly define the design. As an L3HARRIS
Mechanical Designer you will be involved in all phases of the
product design, including concept development, detail design,
manufacturing, installation on the aircraft and follow up with the
The L3HARRIS organizational structure allows team members to work
on a variety of projects throughout their career at various levels
of responsibility. This combined with a very diverse business base,
from fixed-wing to rotary-wing aircraft, from state-of-the-art
military technology to opulent head of state interiors, from
aluminum to composite structures, the opportunity to broaden your
engineering skill set and accelerate your career path is available
at L3HARRIS Integrated Aerospace Systems in Waco, TX.
- Design and liaison of aircraft primary and secondary structure
utilizing military and commercial design standards, customer
specifications and system requirements documents utilizing
- Provide liaison to production and manufacturing for
interpretation of engineering design/drawings.
- Conducting engineering drawing preparation and release within
allocated schedule and budget constraints.
- Generating bids for customer requested change orders and new
- Documenting and reviewing designs with peers, management, and
- Education:Must have experience with the use of 3D CAD programs
to create solid models and 2D detail, assembly, and installation
drawings. Experience with CREO (Pro/engineer) preferred.
- 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 10
years of prior related experience OR a BS in Mechanical or
Aeronautical Engineering + 6 years relevant experience in
- Must have knowledge of mechanical design principles for
aircraft structure and components.
- Must have strong analytic and communication skills; ability to
coach, train, motivate technical personnel.
- Must have sound knowledge of design criteria and complex
- Must have the ability to motivate others; sound effective
listening skills; pays attention to details; ability to work under
pressure; and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Waco , Sr. Specialist, Mechanical Designer, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!