QA Tech III - Sanitarian
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Posted on: November 17, 2021
The Sanitarian is responsible for the implementation of the
sanitation programs, policies, and procedures to ensure the plant
facilities maintain the appropriate level of sanitation and
hygiene. Engages plant personnel to ensure successful program
adoption and provides technical expertise. Responsible for
assessing, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement
based on audit results.Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct sanitation investigations; create cleaning routines,
train operations associates, and audit new processes and cleaning
routines in the areas of GMP, GLP, sanitation methods, pest
control, and master sanitation.
- Evaluate current GMP and sanitation procedures, modify as
necessary to meet standard, and implement cleaning standardization
methods to improve line efficiencies to ensure quality and food
- Review current processes, procedures and work instructions for
sanitation practices required for each area and equipment.
- Train management and operators on sanitation procedures and GMP
policies, processes and requirements to insure compliance.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, i.e. Eco lab, to ensure usage of
proper procedures and materials to maintain compliance with
corporate policy and safety standards.
- Utilize vendors expertise to improve sanitation, chemical, and
pest control to ensure proper use and optimization.
- Understand and support chemical inventory to ensure the right
quantities are on site.
- Ensure chemicals are correctly labeled.
- Conduct sanitation, 5S, and pest control audits to identify
areas for sanitation quality improvements based on audit
- Track the facility MSS Program and reports; make corrections to
program based on audit findings and corporate policy.
- Generate and track work orders
- Perform SAP transactions as needed
- Lead, organize, track, and report on projects as assigned
- Perform document review as required
- Able to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and
implement or recommend appropriate corrective actions
- Comply with all standard security and safety practices, company
rules and policies
- Read, understand, and comply with MSDS sheets
- Recommend and develop new procedures, work instructions, work
aid needed and/or make recommendations for updating existing
- Process Improvement: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
and coordinate efforts around process improvement. Ability to
analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that
will improve current state
- Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via
telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while
simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the
ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate
appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in
negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills
required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases
or the Internet. This includes the ability to complete electronic
forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research,
explain data and communicate results. This includes maintaining
current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
- Resource Knowledge: Knowledge of internal and external tools
and resources available to accomplish tasks and achieve
- Knowledge Transfer: Ability to learn and train others on the
use of Company-related or department-specific equipment and assets
(i.e. transcription equipment, pagers, cell phones, databases, KO
Need, Lotus Notes libraries). This includes the ability to present
information in a logical manner and check for understanding to
ensure transfer of knowledge and skills.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively
recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a
clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work
aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools
and machinery, etc.)JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Must be able to demonstrate project management procedures, work
instructions, and forms creation.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to recognize material and product defects.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Must have manual and finger
- Must have strong PC skills and a working knowledge of
computerized plant operating systems.
- Must be able to participate in job development training (i.e.
trouble-shooting), and must be able to cross-train on all
- Strong Organizational SkillsJOB LOCATION:
- Work is performed in high-speed bottling and production
- Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise
levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet
conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc.
- Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all
shifts and extended hours as required.EQUIPMENT:
- Personal protective equipment - safety glasses, safety shoes,
- MSDS sheets.
- Handcart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment
operations manuals, calculator, communications radio, computer
and/or software.Our Purpose and Growth Culture:We are taking
deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded
in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference.
We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what's
possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business
and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors - curious, empowered,
inclusive and agile - and value how we work as much as what we
achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our
company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and
Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring
them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect
your personal information as part of a job application or offer of
employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best
practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Keywords: The Coca-Cola Company, Waco , QA Tech III - Sanitarian, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!