Speech Language Pathologist SLP
Company: Sava Senior Care
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Speech Therapist Description
Speech Therapist Requirements
Evaluates and treats residents and patients with temporary or
long-term speech, hearing, swallowing, and cognitive disabilities
in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Screens and evaluates Resident and develops appropriate care
- Under a physician's direction, provides direct patient /
resident treatment based on established plan of care.
- Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs
to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with
communication and / or swallowing or cognitive problems.
- Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and
- Instructs residents, families, and caregivers to monitor speech
and provide ways to practice new skills.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely
- Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master of Science degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Current license in Speech Therapy as required by state
- Certification in clinical competency.
- One year clinical experience preferred.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to
stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel,
talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or
transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is
occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or
airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Sava Senior Care, Waco , Speech Language Pathologist SLP, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!