Director, Creative Operations
Company: Discovery Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment,
serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with
content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers
over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category
leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages,
Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens,
including TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio of apps
and discovery Kids Play; direct-to-consumer streaming services such
as Eurosport Player and Motor Trend OnDemand; and digital-first and
social content from Group Nine Media.
Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery
Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel
Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as
well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in
Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally
relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna
Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in
telling life's stories authentically and empowering viewers to move
past their comfort zones and try new things.
The Director of Creative Operations is responsible for all
creative deliverables associated with 360 marketing campaigns. This
includes overseeing the day-to-day scheduling of creative
resources, for a team of designers, copywriters, and editors,
leading core stakeholder timeline communication, managing budget
and establishing overall project management workflow for all brand
and series marketing assets for Magnolia Network - from inception
- Manage incoming creative project requests and assign projects
to producers, designers, freelance resources, production partners
and creative agencies as needed. Managing the workloads.
- Create project workback schedule, managing project timelines
from kick-off through delivery.
- Manage campaign budgets, which includes projecting yearly
spends, negotiating scope of work, and manage the processing and
payment of invoices.
- Onboard project management tools and implement process
- Communicate project updates, including progress and/or delays,
with all internal and external shareholders. Proactively proposing
solutions to meet deadlines and budget.
- Manage approval process and key milestones.
- Work collaboratively, and efficiently, with internal and
- Oversee asset organization and archiving, team organizational
structure - and the distribution of assets.
- Quality control all final creative deliverables.
- Onboard new vendors and freelancers, managing MSA's and
- Help lead and support the project management team with their
- Proficient in formats/specs needed for various creative
deliverable, including - print, digital, social and AV.
- Support the Head of Brand Creative, the Associate Creative
Director and Art Director with project support as needed.
- BS/BA in Communications or related experiences at a creative
agency and/or entertainment studio/network.
- 7+ years in creative project management and/or operations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is an expert in
- Exceptional time management and anticipatory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter can work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of post-production creative marketing assets, specs,
- Experience with Project Management Software required.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Before applying for a position with Discovery Communications
to local laws, as you will need to have read and understood it
before submitting your information.
Keywords: Discovery Inc., Waco , Director, Creative Operations, Other , Woodway, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!