Territory Account Manager - Houston, Texas
Company: True Value
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID: 7580
Revolutionize Wholesale and join a high performing sales team
and drive growth for True Value in Houston/Waco, Texas and the
surrounding area. We are a dynamic team committed to driving True
Values aggressive growth as the only nationally branded hardlines
wholesaler that celebrates independent retailers.
Under minimal supervision, generates existing and/or new sales for
Houston/Waco, Texas and the surrounding areas. Develops plan and
strategy for accomplishing sales targets for the assigned
territory. Contacts/visits existing and prospective retail and
commercial (business) customers. Builds and maintains network of
colleagues, partners, and customers to share information and obtain
prospects. Observes and participates in presenting products and
services that can benefit customers needs. Establishes and fosters
customer relationships and contacts in assigned territories.
The Territory Account Manager can live in the below cities and the
- Houston, Texas
- Waco, Texas
- Austin, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas
- College Station, Texas
Embraces personal and professional development
Values diverse perspectives
Provides competitive compensation
Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in the order of
- Focuses on acquiring/hunting new customers
while growing and protecting existing accounts.
- Develops an overall territory plan and strategy that identifies
the customers and products needed to deliver against sales
- Identifies prospects and leads from a variety of sources, and
vets them appropriately to maintain a sales pipeline. Gathers
relevant information about accounts to be used in the selling
process. Identifies the relevant stakeholders within a customer and
customizes messaging for them.
- Meets or exceeds the sales target determined for the account
territory. Manages budget and expense account within company
- Coordinates with senior business development professionals for
help in closing more complex deals, as needed.
- Understands how to sell on the strengths of brands and
products, not solely based on price and service levels.
Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations entire product
- Investigates and helps resolve customer problems with
deliveries, billing, and collections (along with customer
- Uses CRM system to document sales activities and keep track of
plans against prospects.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- 70 to 80% travel required.
- Requires incumbent to travel from store to store within
assigned territory and at times to the headquarters. Travel is
typically by car and plane.
- Three to five years of sales experience with 1 to 2 years of
sales experience with focus on new account
acquisition/prospecting including outside sales. Solid
experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, sales
presentations, account development, and time and territory
management with experience managing longer sales cycles (more than
- Work experience in hardware/DIY retail and/or wholesale
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and
PowerPoint) and CRM systems (for documenting sales activities).
Growth mentality, focused on building strong relationships with new
customers and growing relationships with existing customers,
thoughtful about planning for growth. Proven sales ability for
hunting and developing new business using value-based selling.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
state or local protected class.
Keywords: True Value, Waco , Territory Account Manager - Houston, Texas, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!