VP / Controller
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Vice President & Controller provides leadership and
professional oversight with a high level of financial acumen for a
$33 billion nationwide organization. Must have an executive
presence allowing for routine interactions with operating units,
senior management, vendors, external auditors, and industry
regulators. Possesses proven creativity and a diversity of
experience sufficient to act in the capacity of the primary
financial strategist. Ensures financial integrity and compliance
with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and develop
and implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Directs preparation of financial statements in the prescribed
format for inclusion in timely filings with the SEC and other
- Directs preparation and planning associated with state, local
and federal income, franchise, sales and payroll taxes.
- Directs planning and litigation related to cigarette and
tobacco excise taxes including interaction with changes in
statutory and regulatory schemes.
- Monitors financial trends including but not limited to
LIFO/FIFO inventory accounting, product costing, cash flow,
accounts receivable/bad debts, fixed assets and other key financial
- Actively interacts in relations to compliance and monitoring
qualified and non-qualified benefit plans including 401k, health
and welfare, flexible spending, deferred compensation, and
- Develops ad reviews accounting policies and procedures.
- Provides general oversight of the payroll function including
systems integration, incentive planning (e.g., KJDA, WOTC, etc.)
and payroll processing.
- Directs regulatory costing matters related to regulated
products (e.g., cigarettes, dairy, etc.).
- Works directly with both internal and external audit function
to assure compliance with accounting policies and FASB standards in
order to maintain the integrity of the financial reporting
- Provides senior management with accurate timely financial
- Actively participates in the evaluation, configuration and
execution of acquisition strategies.
- Provides leadership and resolution guidance with respect to
regulatory compliance disputes.
- Develops and maintains a trained, competent corporate financial
- Works closely with internal (e.g., senior management, business
unit financial personnel, line management, rank and file employees,
etc.) and external (e.g. Berkshire-Hathaway management, regulators,
vendors, legislators, etc.) professionals with a wide variety of
interests and topics with a financial impact.
- Maintains technical competence (e.g., GAAP, Tax, Regulatory
- Develops and maintains relationships with key industry contacts
(e.g., regulators, auditors, bankers, evaluation specialists,
private investigators, attorneys, etc.).
- Bachelors degree with a major in Accounting and 12 years
overall accounting experience with 4 years national accounting firm
experience, or equivalent
- Previous Oracle ERP experience, preferred.
- Alteryx or Tableau, preferred
- Have a CPA.
- Have excellent managerial and interpersonal skills, time
management skills, and project management skill.
- Have thorough knowledge of the distribution industry.
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
are also required.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Waco , VP / Controller, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!