Project Mgr I
Company: Windstream Communications
Posted on: June 9, 2021
"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are
HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and
wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is
our top priority."
Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of advanced
network communications and technology solutions for consumers,
small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners
across the U.S.
About the Role:
As a Project Manager in Engineering and Construction you are
responsible for ensuring projects stay on time, on budget, and
within scope by directing, monitoring and managing all engineering
and construction work orders.
You will work closely with the project team as well as internal
and external resources to oversee all aspects of the construction
process from engineering to project completion. This includes
project planning, distributing resources, time management, risk
management, creating benchmarks, managing the budget, managing
staff, and managing relationships with key stakeholders. This role
also ensures timelines are met for all commitments such as service
dates, government dates, forecast dates and closing objectives and
conducts audits of construction work to ensure quality and
What You'll Do:
- Resolve construction issues and ensure all necessary
permits/easements are obtained and filed prior to construction.
These permits can include private, federal, state, local, railroad,
Corp of Engineers, levee district, and more.
- Coordinate construction of facilities with other utilities and
- Act as point of contact for construction questions/issues from
other Windstream departments, utilities, governmental agencies and
from the public.
- Verify that the construction crews comply with all regulations
and guidelines for OSHA, NESC, RUS, FHA, EPA and Windstream
- Work closely with analysts to ensure jobs are completed within
scope, timelines are met and Jobtrac is up to date.
- Verify information for CAD posting.
- Fill out a change order forms as needed.
Do You Have?
- Self-motivated ability to effectively prioritize, manage, and
complete work assignments in a fast-paced, multi-tasking
environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to summarize and present detailed
information to technical and non-technical audiences, both
individually and in a group setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented
with the ability to quickly identify errors and root cause and
determine how best to correct them.
- Team-oriented and experienced at working in a collaborative
environment. Willing to consider the opinions of others and to
think outside the box.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and a willingness to embrace
change with a positive attitude.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office including
- College degree and 3-5 years professional level experience or 7
years professional level related experience; or an equivalent
combination of education and professional level related experience
- Valid Driver's License.
- College degree and 4-6 years professional level experience with
1-3 years supervisory experience; or 8 years professional level
related experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or an
equivalent combination of education and professional level related
- Working knowledge of construction and engineering within the
Telecom industry a plus
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Waco , Project Mgr I, Other , Fairfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!