Housekeeper Department: Environmental Services MUST HAVE
***new pay increase***
Reports to: Housekeeping Supervisor Summary The Primary purpose
is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping
department in accordance with the current Federal, State, and local
standards, guidelines and regulations governing the facility.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform the day-to-day housekeeping functions as
2. Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing when
performing routine cleaning assignments in patient/resident living
and/or recreational areas.
3. Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. (NOTE: Ensure that
appropriate CAUTION/SAFETY signs are properly set up PRIOR to
performing such job duties)
4. Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash
receptacle with liners.
5. Dispose of refuse in accordance with established sanitation
6. Report all hazardous conditions or equipment and
accidents/incidents (NO MATTER HOW MINOR THEY MAY BE) to the
7. Maintain the CONFIDENTIALITY of patient/resident care
8. Honor the patient's/resident's personal and property
9. Follow established safety precautions, Infection Control
practices, and established Fire Safety Policies and Procedures.
10. Perform other job duties as directed by Housekeeping
1. Must possess the ability to positively interact with staff,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the
2. Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and follow
written and oral directions in the English language.
3. Must be able to frequently lift up to 25lbs, push/pull
objects up to 50 pounds, stoop/climb/bend/sit/walk and standing up
to 60% of shift