Job Details Job Location : Waco (10851) - Waco, TX Position
Type : Part Time Salary Range : Undisclosed Description
Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading
US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions
to government and commercial customers on four continents.
Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates
as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement
security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer
personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of
professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and
security experience. Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate
about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an
opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment
that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con
family, youre working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, its an alumni base. We
believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help
them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have
transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers
in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many
more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time
benefits that include flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle
commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for
Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher
education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment
and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security
solutions for our clients. To us, that means the right officer in
the right place and at the right time. In many cases our clients
desire a softer security plan that meets their values and needs,
but where high value people and assets are involved, others may
prefer a more obvious security presence. As an Armed Security
Officer, you will be part of a highly trained security team that
supports critical facilities and infrastructure, public venues that
required an enhanced presence and personal protective services.
Youll be trained by our team of highly qualified firearms
instructors in safe weapons handling and marksmanship. As an Armed
Security Officer, you are an integral part of the broad spectrum of
specialized security services Inter-Con provides its clients every
Specific benefits include:
- Competitive pay starting at $15.61 an hour for a part-time
- Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Training and Career Development.
- Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick,
and 401 (k) retirement plan.
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Additional benefits vary depending on position.
- Be a Citizen of the United States.
- Must possess a state weapons permit and state armed guard
- Possess a valid U.S. Drivers License
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have an honorable discharge if a veteran of the US Armed
- Fluent in both the written and spoken English language.
- Have at least one-year security experience
- Must be able to pass a National Agency Checklist with inquires
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain constant surveillance of the vehicles entering and
exiting gate, ensuring that only authorized vehicles are
- Direct personnel other than employees (vendors, visitors, etc.)
to the personnel entrance.
- Maintain the vehicle in/out register.
- Control the entering and exiting of contract maintenance
personnel by ensuring that they sign in and out of the complex and
that no materials or equipment are removed without proper
- Monitor all security cameras as requested. All safety and
security infractions will be immediately reported to the duty shift
supervisor and Area Loss Prevention Manager.
- Utilize the emergency roster of key personnel when necessary
for calls required after normal duty hours.
- Use emergency telephone numbers to contact the police, fire and
rescue services when required.
- Control entrance and exit of the Exchange employees into the
distribution center areas ensuring that they have proper
identification. Deny entry to all unauthorized personnel.
- Maintain records pertaining to guard scheduling duties
- Submit all required reports at the end of the duty day or upon
- Conduct safety and security and fire inspections when directed
by the Exchange and the DC Directives.
- Maintain radio contact with Loss Prevention control desk at all
- Comply with and enforce all the Exchange directives and
Distribution Center Bulletin operating procedures (DCBs) and notify
the Loss Prevention shift leader or Area Loss Prevention Manager in
all cases not covered by instructions.
- Protect all the Exchange issued equipment at all times and
report any damage or loss immediately to the shift leader or
distribution center Area Loss Prevention Manager.