Mectron Operator (Finance)
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Mectron Operator (Finance)
Howmet Fastening Systems is looking for a Mectron Operator in our
Visual Inspection department. The position is responsible for the
set-up, operation, care, and maintenance of inspection equipment
and to train other operators, as required. The role is also
responsible for mechanical and visual inspection (hand sort while
setting at a table) of small metals parts for defects to meet print
and specification requirements and must show by example a
commitment to environmental health and safety and to continuous
improvement. This position will be based in our Waco, TX plant.
Howmet Aerospace creates breakthrough products that shape
industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we
solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly,
drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and
cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these
products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success
and shareholder value. Howmet Fastening Systems, a business unit of
Howmet, holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening
systems, and we're the North American leader in commercial
transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening
systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our
products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines,
automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction
and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; HFS
employs over 6,000 people in 11 countries at 31 locations.
- Set-up and operation of assigned equipment.
- Perform machine inspections including daily, weekly and monthly
preventative maintenance tasks.
- Operate and Maintain Forklift
- Mechanical and visual inspection of small metal parts weighing
from a few ounces to a few pounds to ensure compliance with product
- Place sorted parts by hand in small cardboard boxes.
- Lift and carry boxes weighing up to 40 pounds individually from
10 to 20 feet and place them on a pallet after each is filled.
- Participate in setting and achieving team and individual
productivity and quality targets.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner according to
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance
with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures
and conducts all activities in accordance with the company Code of
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to lean
manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Performs all work activities in accordance with safety and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year experience in an industrial setting
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Waco , Mectron Operator (Finance), Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!