Sr. Mgr. Deputy Director of Operations
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Sr. Mgr, Deputy Director of Operations
Job Code: OMM6
Job Location: Waco, Texas
L3Harris is actively seeking for a Deputy Director of Operations
for our Hangar, Dock and Line operations for our facility located
in Waco, TX 76705. We offer competitive benefits and a generous
relocation package with benefits that start on day one.
- Leading one or more departments within Manufacturing and Hangar
Dock and Line Operations, this position manages a team highly
experienced professionals, supervisors, and managers.
- Manages Operations Team to ensure Safety, Quality, Schedule and
Budget goals are established and met.
- Communicates with parties inside and outside of the
organization on matters of strategic importance to influence senior
leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Establishes overall direction for new processes, systems, and
- Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational
plans/goals that directly impact the mid- to long-term function or
business area achievements to include Continuous Improvement.
- Requires advanced management, business knowledge, leadership
capabilities and broad experience across multiple related
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing and HDL Operations
- Establishes the direction for new processes, systems,
solutions, and products using significant conceptualization,
reasoning, and interpretation.
- Utilizing continuous improvement principles and leaning into
business operating systems, develops solutions that are innovative
and often define best practice for the future.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are regularly
complex, requiring broad-based consideration of variables that
impact multiple areas of the organization.
- Extensively analyzes implications of both near and long-term
- Owns and develops tactical and operational plans and goals for
a business area or function, which may include oversight for
- Recommends and operationalizes strategies that have a direct
impact on the mid- to long-term function/area achievements.
- Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources,
and frequently influences business decisions made by
- Recommends and implements new products, processes, policies,
standards or operating plans in support of job function
- Typically has budget or Profit & Loss (P&L) accountability
for the department.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related
- Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and
leadership capability to lead business area or functional
- Typically has broad experience across multiple related
professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory,
past practical experience and the organization's business
- Solid understanding of Industry standards including, but not
limited to DOD, FAA, federal, state, and local regulations and
familiarity with aircraft production / MRO shops required.
- Must be a US Citizen in order to have the ability to obtain and
maintain a DoD security clearance.
Keywords: L3Harris, Waco , Sr. Mgr. Deputy Director of Operations, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!