This position supports our Community Services
department, located at 500 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX
Status: Full-time. $9.78 - $10.59 per hour, dependent
upon experience, education, and qualifications
Supervisor: Program Director
Date of Last Review/Revision: 10/15/2018
The individual selected for the position must be able to
perform the essential functions of the position either with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
It is the responsibility of all EOAC employees to support EOACs
mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come
to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the
dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of public
trust. We all bear the responsibility of improving the
organization, communicating openly and empowering each other to
excel at our work.
- Maintain confidentiality of client/agency information as
required by State and Federal laws, appropriate regulations, and
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and/or verbal
form to individuals and groups.
- Must consistently demonstrate and communicate EOACs Mission and
- Answer high volume of phone calls daily; answers inquiries
and/or directs to appropriate staff person.
- Respond to customers questions, complaints and concerns in
person and by phone, often from customers who are confused or upset
about not being able to receive desired service; Resourcefulness in
crisis situations and sensitivity to clients in vulnerable
circumstances; ability to work with verbally aggressive
- Prepares the lobby every day for customers, ensuring
applications, forms and other paperwork are ready and available;
Directs high volume of customer traffic in the lobby.
- Schedules customer appointments as necessary.
- Must consistently demonstrate excellent customer service with a
compassionate attitude towards all clients.
- Must have good organizational skills and proven ability to work
within timelines to meet demands.
- Ability to work independently with flexibility within a team
environment; ability and willingness to work as a team member to
support EOACs mission and goals.
- Performs typing and clerical functions as assigned.
- This job operates in a professional office environment with
ambient lighting, and climate control.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands
to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, some filing is
required: open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass Criminal History check.
- Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
- Must pass all pre-employment contingencies including post-offer
pre-employment physical, and alcohol and drug screen.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
- Experience with multi-line phone system.
- Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the Program
Director or Executive Director.
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with an hour for lunch.
Some overtime required.
*This form reflects the general details considered necessary
to describe the essential function of the job identified and shall
not be considered as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent to the job.
Failure to comply with Personnel policies, job
responsibilities, and functions, safety policies, can result in
disciplinary actions up to and including termination.