Independent CAT Adjuster
Company: Crawford & Company
Posted on: January 9, 2020
Excellence In Everything We Touch Position Summary Under minimal to
intermediate direction, resolves claims by determining coverage,
investigating and evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements.
- Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client
instructions and other records when available to determine
- Investigates claims by interviewing claimants and inspecting
- Sets loss reserves if applicable.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information
required by client, local, state and federal government and by
- Settles claims by determining insurance carrier's liability,
client's instructions and authority levels required by obtaining
demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks,
making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage,
pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Controls claims costs.
- Maintains expected case load.
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance
products by complying with federal and state regulations, service
standards and client requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through
continuing education. Requirements
- Valid adjuster's license in state of residence (where required
- Minimum 1 year adjusting experience or equivalent construction
- Must be able to travel on short notice and remain on location
for indefinite periods.
- In most cases, Catastrophe Adjusters are responsible for their
own travel and living expenses while on assignment.
- Must possess the necessary tools, e.g. ladder, laptop, cell
phone, etc., required for the assignment available.
- Acceptable results on pre-employment drug screen, criminal
background check and motor vehicle records check.
- Dependable vehicle & proof of auto insurance with required
limits of liability ($100,000/$300,000).
- Ability to climb and be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Licenses & Certifications recommended.
- Auto Certification
- Fire Certification
- NFIP Flood Certification
- Bilingual a plus.
- Knowledge of Xactimate/Xactware preferred.
- Knowledge of Mitchell preferred for auto adjusters.
- High school diploma
- Good communication skills, organizational ability, technical
knowledge, and computer skills. Large catastrophe events may
require prolonged periods away from home and long working hours.
About Us Based in Atlanta, Ga., Crawford & Company () is one of the
world's largest independent provider of claims management solutions
to the risk management and insurance industry as well as
self-insured entities, with an expansive global network serving
clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford System of Claims
SolutionsSM offers comprehensive, integrated claims services,
business process outsourcing and consulting services for major
product lines including property and casualty claims management,
workers compensation claims and medical management, and legal
settlement administration. The Company's shares are traded on the
NYSE under the symbols CRDA and CRDB. In addition to a competitive
salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and
internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your
career Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting
unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment
opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee
at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method
without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this
position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole
property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Keywords: Crawford & Company, Waco , Independent CAT Adjuster, Other , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!