Business Systems Analyst - Information Systems
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Arconic Fastening Systems (AFS) is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to work closely with business stakeholders to understand business challenges, gather requirements, then develop and deliver effective solutions through ERP, business intelligence/analytics, web applications, or other platforms. The Business Analyst is an Americas position and has responsibility for cooperation and coordination with other AFS Industrial sites worldwide. This position is located at our industrial fastener manufacturing plant in Waco, TX. Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value. Arconic Fastening Systems, a business unit of Arconic, holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Key Responsibilities:
- Works closely with IS, business leadership, and stakeholders to align architecture, projects, changes, and support with tactical and strategic goals of the business.
- Manages the development of, and deploys solutions and processes on core (Baan/ERP LN, analytics/reporting, Domino/FileMaker rapid application development) and non-core business applications supported by local IS.
- Manages basic projects and changes in compliance with the standard AFS Project and Change Management Methodologies.
- Ensures adherence to architectural standards and processes to establish robust and extensible frameworks for future application extensions. Perform platform administration, management and support.
- Develops standards, tools and processes to allow for rapid and robust report development maximizing customer self-service reporting utilizing custom 'Universes' or data cubes to be created and maintained for several business domains.
- Works closely with internal IS and business owners to prepare, turnover changes to, and support operational processes.
- Support and/or lead efforts to debug and resolve hardware issues.
- Supports efforts of business leaders by performing ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Works with the IS Manager to develop, assign, and maintain company audit (ASAT) compliance throughout the year. Continuously strives to improve ASAT control systems and departmental business processes.Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter; able to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills; project management skills#LI-JE1Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Business Applications.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Preferred Qualifications:
- Prefer that the bachelor's Degree is in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Supply Chain
- Experience supporting systems in manufacturing or supply chain
- Experience with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
- Experience with ERP systems (order-to-cash cycle)
- Understanding of warehouse processes
- Project management experience
- MSSQL database software experience
- Crystal reporting knowledge
Keywords: Arconic, Waco , Business Systems Analyst - Information Systems, IT / Software / Systems , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!