Specialist, Technical Writer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Job Title: Specialist, Technical Writer
Job Code: IMS20222704-81370
Job Location: Waco, TX
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits aircraft technical
manuals for operational, instructional, maintenance or test
procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication. Conducts
interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data
for documentation. Documents engineering processes and
specifications. Recommends formats responsive to technical and
customer requirements. Authors and/or edits operation and
maintenance instruction manuals, flight manuals, illustrated parts
catalog/breakdown manuals, troubleshooting / fault isolation
manuals, and wiring manuals.
- Authors aircraft technical manuals for operational,
instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia
or web-based publication in accordance with industry standards
(iSpec 2200, MIL-STD-38784, MIL-STD-1808, MIL-DTL-38807,
MIL-DTL-87929) and customer requirements.
- Maintain document / configuration control of work
- Work within a team organization and contribute to professional
- May lead a team of technical writers for new programs(s).
- Tracks budgets, actuals, and forecast hours.
- Supports bid and proposal efforts for new pursuits.
- Recommends areas for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (engineering, technical,
or technical writing) and minimum 4 years of prior aircraft
technical publications technical writing experience.
- Advanced-level competency writing a variety of commercial
and/or aircraft maintenance/flight manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
(Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) and Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
Preferred Skills (beyond required):
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) License
- Maintenance or operator background with C-130 or other military
- Experience with technical training / instruction.
- Experience with document / configuration control tools (e.g.
- Prior experience leading technical writing projects with a team
of technical writers.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with publishing software
(e.g. Adobe Framemaker)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency WebEx UltraAuthor,
Structured FrameMaker and/or XML editing software applications
(Arbortext, XMLSpy, Oxygen XML Editor etc.).
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Waco , Specialist, Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!