Sales Associate (Full-Time) - Penn Mart, New Castle, DE
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Come work for us!
We are looking for dedicated employees to join our team to help our
customers have the best experience possible every time they enter a
Our employees are key to our success.
The Full-Time Associate is responsible for assisting the store
management team with daily store operational functions which
include providing excellent customer service, driving sales,
merchandising, and handling other responsibilities as assigned by
management. All related activities are expected to be performed in
a professional, courteous, reliable, and results-oriented
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Builds customer relationships by demonstrating a strong sense
of customer service by assisting all customers in a professional,
courteous, reliable, attentive, honest and responsive manner.
Identifies customer needs and provides knowledgeable assistance to
help customers select the product(s) that meet their needs.
- Displays basic fashion and trend knowledge and able to satisfy
customer needs by selling appropriate merchandise while maintaining
DTLR standards and building relationships.
- Assists with shipments, merchandising, restocking, and
- Maintains and presents a positive, enthusiastic attitude toward
job and company.
- Complies with and enforces all company policies.
- Embraces service training and product programs.
- Assist Store Manager with Monitoring and identifying issues
relevant to the loss or inconsistencies in the Store to ensure
store achieves successful goals of shrink that are at or below
- Monitors and controls all aspects of operational compliance,
safety and business standards.
- Supports the training of all employees in suggested selling and
- Actively seeks to minimize shrinkage of inventory by protecting
the store against shoplifting and internal theft. Follows loss
prevention policies and security procedures.
- Enforces and follows proper point of sale procedures. Balances
all money taken in during assignment and works with store
management to investigate discrepancies.
- Keeps management informed of important developments, potential
problems and related information necessary for effective
- Helps maintain a neat and orderly sales environment.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- A standard work week consists of a minimum of 35 hours up to a
maximum of 40 hours. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
Education And/or Experience
- Previous work experience in retail or customer service is
preferred, but not necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Skills And
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language to
effectively communicate with management, customers and other
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to work under minimum
supervision. Must be able to take charge of the store when
- Open availability and flexibility to meet customer demand and
the needs of the business.
- Must possess basic fashion and style trend knowledge and desire
to work with customers in a retail setting.
- Has a proven track record in building and working as part of a
team, demonstrated ability to handle responsibility, and an
understanding of the needs of the street lifestyle customer.
- Willing to work in multiple stores in the assigned district.
- Individuals must be able to stand for extended periods of time;
lift, carry, push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work extended hours during critical project phases; and
able to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment with
- The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced
- Must have reliable transportation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so
DTLR, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: DTLR, Waco , Sales Associate (Full-Time) - Penn Mart, New Castle, DE, Hospitality & Tourism , Mart, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!