RN Registered Nurse - Patient Navigator
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: October 12, 2019
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Pulmonary Diagnostics - Providence Health
Center - Waco, TX
Why Join Ascension/Providence?
Providence - Texas
Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is located in West
Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco's first hospital. The campus,
which is part of Providence Healthcare Network, includes a 237 bed,
acute-care hospital offering the best level of care in virtually
every medical discipline. We are one of the largest employers in
Waco with over 2,200 employees who are committed to providing
compassionate and personalized care to those we serve.
At Providence Healthcare Network, we believe serving others gives
meaning, purpose and joy to our lives. The Providence mission of
compassion is perfected by our vision of excellence and we are
consistently awarded for the level of care we provide.
Some of the recent awards we are most proud of include:
* Business of the Year by Mission Waco and Business of the Year by
the African American Chamber of Commerce
* Ranked 1st in Texas for Cardiac Surgery and among the top 5
percent in the nation.
* Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip
Replacements by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
At Providence, our associates are the core of what keeps our
ministry thriving. Through interactions with patients, families and
visitors, our associates make our mission real. We also value
investing into the local community and are committed to giving back
and partnering with organizations who are making Waco a great place
What Providence Healthcare Network has to offer:
* Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each
day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care
that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative
approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
* One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for
people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we
* More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job.
It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality
healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and
* Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive
compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit
options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time
off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
* Culture of Creativity: Associates at Ascension are encouraged to
courageously innovate. Working together and thinking outside of the
box - that's how we are transforming healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Healthcare Netwk-TX, you will have
the opportunity to serve as a patient navigator throughout the
continuum of care.
* Functions as a liaison for management staff, administration,
physicians, managed care companies, community organizations, and
* Coordinates efforts for treatment and promotes quality
improvement and educational efforts.
* Compiles data, tracks outcomes, and makes recommendations for
* Provides referrals/support for follow-up care for patients who
are uninsured or underinsured.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* Licensed Clinical Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas
Board of Nursing .
* Preferred Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
* None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Waco , RN Registered Nurse - Patient Navigator, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!