RN House Supervisor
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: September 8, 2019
We Are Hiring
RN House Supervisor - Providence Health Center - Waco, TX
Why Join Ascension/Providence?
Providence - Texas
Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is located in West
Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco's first hospital. The campus,
which is part of Providence Healthcare Network, includes a 237 bed,
acute-care hospital offering the best level of care in virtually
every medical discipline. We are one of the largest employers in
Waco with over 2,200 employees who are committed to providing
compassionate and personalized care to those we serve.
At Providence Healthcare Network, we believe serving others gives
meaning, purpose and joy to our lives. The Providence mission of
compassion is perfected by our vision of excellence and we are
consistently awarded for the level of care we provide.
Some of the recent awards we are most proud of include:
* Business of the Year by Mission Waco and Business of the Year by
the African American Chamber of Commerce
* Ranked 1st in Texas for Cardiac Surgery and among the top 5
percent in the nation.
* Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip
Replacements by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
At Providence, our associates are the core of what keeps our
ministry thriving. Through interactions with patients, families and
visitors, our associates make our mission real. We also value
investing into the local community and are committed to giving back
and partnering with organizations who are making Waco a great place
What Providence Healthcare Network has to offer:
* Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide.
That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have
a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
* Front Lines: Nurses are on the front lines of the care we
provide, and for that reason, [Health Ministry] prides itself in
employing some of the best nurses in [State]. And while we pride
ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the
state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to
* Working Together: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide.
We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing
environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your
patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As
you embark on the first step of your nursing career, we'd like to
invite you to take it with us.
We provide Our Nurses:
* Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient
volume so nurses don't get overwhelmed.
* Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows
nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all
give better care
* Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we're
implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
* Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily,
our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning
opportunities and support.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse House Supervisor in our established Nursing
Administration department at Providence Healthcare Network, you
will have the opportunity to supervise and coordinate unit staffing
and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical
objectives and quality patient care in assigned area. As a House
Supervisor you will oversee staffing and patient placement for the
health center. It is essential that you can multi task and
communicate well with multiple staff and physicians. You will make
frequent utilization of your critical decision-making skills, as
well as your assessment skills to gain a strong understanding of
your current and future staffing needs.
* Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff
during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
* Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
* Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
* Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
* May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development
and evaluating of staff.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
* Licensed Clinical Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas
Board of Nursing .
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
* 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Waco , RN House Supervisor, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!