RN Registered Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery (L&D)
Posted on: August 13, 2019
We Are Hiring RN Registered Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery
(L&D) - Providence Health Center - Waco, TX
Full-Time, Day Why Join Ascension/Providence? Providence - Texas
Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is located in West
Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco's first hospital. The campus,
which is part of Providence Healthcare Network, includes a 237 bed,
acute-care hospital offering the best level of care in virtually
every medical discipline. We are one of the largest employers in
Waco with over 2,200 employees who are committed to providing
compassionate and personalized care to those we serve. At
Providence Healthcare Network, we believe serving others gives
meaning, purpose and joy to our lives. The Providence mission of
compassion is perfected by our vision of excellence and we are
consistently awarded for the level of care we provide. Some of the
recent awards we are most proud of include:
- Business of the Year by Mission Waco and Business of the Year
by the African American Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 1st in Texas for Cardiac Surgery and among the top 5
percent in the nation.
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip
Replacements by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas At Providence, our
associates are the core of what keeps our ministry thriving.
Through interactions with patients, families and visitors, our
associates make our mission real. We also value investing into the
local community and are committed to giving back and partnering
with organizations who are making Waco a great place to live. What
Providence Healthcare Network has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go
each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care
that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative
approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams
collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and
learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used
across the system. This helps us provide better care for all
persons, with special attention to those who are poor and
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive
compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit
options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time
off and encourage spirituality in the workplace
- Working Together: Nurses are at the heart of the care we
provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing
environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your
patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As
you embark on the first step of your nursing career, we'd like to
invite you to take it with us. What You Will Do As a Registered
Nurse Manager in our established Labor & Delivery department at
Providence Healthcare Network, you will have the opportunity to
manage activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned
nursing unit(s).. You will make frequent utilization of your
critical decision-making skills, as well as your innate assessment
skills to gain a strong understanding of your patients current and
future needs. You will then collaborate with the other members of
your unique interdisciplinary team to best determine the next step
for your patient. You will have autonomy in addition to the support
and collaboration of a full team of healthcare
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation
requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and
evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of
patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and
implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and
effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors
expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with
budget guidelines. What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 months (90 days) of hire date or job
- Licensed Clinical Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas
Board of Nursing.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification preferred.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association
- ACLS is preferred. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing, with certification in specialty
preferred. Work Experience:
- 3 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
- Labor & Delivery experience preferred
- Women Services experience preferred
- NICU experience preferred Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE
M/F/D/V). A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence. Please note that Ascension will make an
offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a
position using our official application. Be on alert for possible
fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money
or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Waco , RN Registered Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery (L&D), Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!