Physical Therapist - PT
Posted on: February 6, 2019
We Are Hiring
Title: PT-Physical Therapist
City, State: Waco, TX
Location: Providence Health Ctr
Department: Physical Therapy 001
Additional Job Details: Full Time Day-40 hours weekly
*NEW GRADUATES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY*
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join the Ascension Family?
- Power of Purpose: For us, work
is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures
relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide
holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our
innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- A Mission with a Global Reach: Not only is Ascension focused on transforming healthcare in the US, we are also committed to the health and wellbeing of persons in developing countries. By joining our team - you are joining a global movement to care for those in need.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: Last year Ascension provided over 1.8billion in free healthcare to those in need and without access. You will have the opportunity to offer your servants heart by volunteering with Ascension's Medical Mission at Home program and other community benefit initiatives.
- Faith Based Approach: Spiritual care is fundamental to our identity and a tangible expression of our mission and values. It is also an essential part of providing care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We care for the spirit through compassionate relationships and empathetic, effective communication.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. This helps us provide better care for all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are
foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities
when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide
the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care
is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your
talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for
patients, team members, and the community
- .Giving back to the community is the core of what we do! Time and Time again our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be part of Ascension's founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we service! We call that mission HumanCare and it is how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout our Central Texas Communities! Don't just take our word for it, come and find out!
Providence - Texas
Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is located in West Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco's first hospital. The campus, which is part of Providence Healthcare Network, includes a 237 bed, acute-care hospital offering the best level of care in virtually every medical discipline. We are one of the largest employers in Waco with over 2,200 employees who are committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to those we serve.
At Providence Healthcare Network, we believe serving others gives meaning, purpose and joy to our lives. The Providence mission of compassion is perfected by our vision of excellence and we are consistently awarded for the level of care we provide.
Some of the recent awards we are most proud of include:
- Business of the Year by Mission Waco and Business of the Year by the African American Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 1 st in Texas for Cardiac Surgery and among the top 5 percent in the nation.
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacements by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
At Providence, our associates are the core of what keeps our ministry thriving. Through interactions with patients, families and visitors, our associates make our mission real. We also value investing into the local community and are committed to giving back and partnering with organizations who are making Waco a great place to live. What You Will Do
At Ascension, we're using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
- Evaluates and conducts medially prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises, and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students, and other support personnel.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Rehab Therapist Specializing in Physical Therapy(RPT) credentialed from the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners obtained with 6 months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer. Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- Master's degree in a related field or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred. Work Experience:
- None required. Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Waco , Physical Therapist - PT, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!