staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Trauma for a nursing job in Waco, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Trauma
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours
- Employment Type: Staff
JOB SUMMARYThe Trauma Registrar Registered Nurse (RN), in
partnership with Trauma program leadership, develops and assures
the quality and accuracy of the trauma registry database.
Identifies cases, abstracts and maintains the trauma registry
database according to existing regulatory requirements.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Examines and abstracts detailed clinical and administrative
data from the medical record to meet hospital, accreditation and
regulatory agency requirements.
- Initiates and performs required follow up activities to assist
in improving clinical outcomes.
- Conducts and presents trauma registry reports. Responds to
request for information utilizing available trauma related database
- Collects trauma data for injury research and prevention, as
well as quality improvement tracking. Assures accuracy and
confidentiality in the handling of all trauma registry related
- Runs reports and studies data to promote process improvements
and optimum patient care. Consults with physicians or other
clinical staff as needed for the assistance with acquiring trauma
case reporting information.
- Reports and transmits hospital data in a timely and complete
manner as required to relevant reporting agencies.
- Works closely with trauma leadership, hospital staff members,
and physicians to maintain trauma designation status.
- Participates in Trauma Performance Improvement Program
including data research, medical record extrapolation, and data
entry for the trauma registry.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Knowledge in Trauma Registry methodology, case abstracting, and
- Knowledge of data integrity and research.
- Knowledge of International Classification of Diseases (ICD 9
and ICD 10) coding, Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) and Injury
Severity Score (ISS) scoring.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform statistical research.
- Ability to study data, draw conclusions, and make
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
environment.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS- EDUCATION - Bachelor's-
MAJOR - Nursing- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience-
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - --------------Registered Nurse
(RN)--------------Abbr. Injury Scale (AAAM AIS): AIS within 12
months.--------------ICD10 Coding Certificate (ICD): ICD course
within 12 months.--------------Trauma Data Registry Course (TDRC):
TDRC withinin 12 months.--------------Cert Abbrev Injury Scale Spec
(CAISS), Certified Trauma Registries (CSTR): CSTR or CAISS within
36 months.Recruiter: Jessica BartonBaylor Scott and White Job ID
#23017847. Posted job title: RN Trauma RegistrarAbout Baylor Scott
& White HealthAs the largest not-for-profit health system in the
state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and
well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It
is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and
affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes
the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research
Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its
leading digital health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals
and more than 1,100 access points, including flagship academic
medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers
the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty
care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a
century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Waco , staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!