Registered Nurse RN Med Surg - Traveler - Med Surg
Company: Ascension Providence Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Registered Nurse RN Med Surg - TravelerDetails
* Department: Associate Travel Program - Med Surg
* Location: Requires travel to various locations more than 50 miles
away from primary residence
* Schedule: Multiple shifts available, 36 hours per week
* Hospital: Multiple Ascension acute care hospitals
This position is a permanent, full time position made up of 8-13
week travel assignments - not a short term option or temporary
contract. We offer benefits with the exclusion of PTO.
For more information about the internal Ascension Travel Program,
please visit our site.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career
flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being
of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our
associates are empowered to apply their military experience and
unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
* Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by
position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN,
Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today
for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
* Implement and monitor patient care plans.
* Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as
* Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
* Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or
job transfer date required.
* American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
* Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
* Must have compact RN license or state RN license relevant to
travel assignment location prior to start of assignment.
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
* One year of RN experience in an acute care setting required.
* One year of recent experience in MedSurg strongly preferred.
* Travelers must be willing to travel 50+ miles from permanent
* Travel positions require travel to multiple locations and could
include assignment selections in: Alabama, Illinois, Florida,
Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Oklahoma, Tennessee,
Texas and Wisconsin
Why Join Our Team
Ascension associates are key to our commitment of transforming
healthcare and providing care to all, especially those most in
need. Join us and help us drive impact through reimagining how we
can deliver a people-centered healthcare experience and creating
the solutions to do it. Explore career opportunities across our
ministry locations and within our corporate headquarters.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health
system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care,
including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities
in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at
Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and
make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are
more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the
lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital
status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other
legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension Providence Hospital, Waco , Registered Nurse RN Med Surg - Traveler - Med Surg, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!