Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Radiology Technologist
for a job in Waco, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Radiology Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 9 hours
- Employment Type: Staff
SIGN ON BONUS: $10,000 (external candidates only)
LOCATION: Waco, TX
SCHEDULE: +$9.00 WEEKEND SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL
The Radiologic Technologist, under general supervision of a
Radiologist, performs radiology procedures on ambulatory and
hospital patients as requested by a physician or other licensed
provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high quality radiology procedures, according to exam
protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of
imaging procedures by following established standards and
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
others. Instructs and communicates with patients and their family
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient,
adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified
position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when
setting up and performing invasive multimodality procedures and
maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to
ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment.
- Reports issues to management or appropriate department. Assists
in maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures people are safe to enter the department by screening
them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality radiology procedures according to
exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks exclusively without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young
- adult, adult and geriatric.
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- ARRT-R Radiography (ARRT-R)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
- Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Texas
Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).
Recruiter: Triny RodriguezBaylor Scott and White Job ID #23008571.
Posted job title: Radiologic TechnologistAbout Baylor Scott & White
HealthAs the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of
Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and well-being of
every individual, family and community it serves. It is committed
to making quality care more accessible, convenient and affordable
through its integrated delivery network, which includes the Baylor
Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute,
the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its leading digital
health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals and more than
1,100 access points, including flagship academic medical centers in
Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers the full continuum
of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care. Founded as a
Christian ministry of healing more than a century ago, Baylor Scott
& White today serves more than three million Texans.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Waco , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!