Physical Therapist (PT)
Company: Care Options For Kids
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Position Summary: The position of a Physical Therapist provides
coordinated physical therapy to patients of all age groups. Plans,
implements, and evaluates patient care to restore or maintain
patient wellbeing. Plans, organizes, and conducts a physical
therapy treatment program based on the medical referral and their
evaluation. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
Care Options for Kids is a pediatric home health agency. We provide
speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy services
to children from birth to age twenty-one in the child's home,
private school, or daycare setting. Working with the patient, the
family, and the physician, we design each child's plan of care to
meet the individual needs of the child. We are committed to
providing outstanding care for the children and families we
- Referral program
- Flexible schedule
- Electronic EMR
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Perform clinical pediatric assessment; identify patient needs
and appropriateness of patient.
- Applies concepts of infection control standard precautions in
coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients.
- Document, prepare/revise and complete Plan of Care, progress
notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an
ongoing basis. Revise the POC based on evaluation, ongoing
- Plan and provide appropriate treatment for neuro-muscular,
neurological, and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral
and therapy assessment.
- Assist/instruct patient/family in transfer techniques
appropriate to patient abilities. Instruct on use of equipment such
as walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc. in safe manner. Utilize
appropriate therapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and
- Must meet mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payers, through education, coaching and other
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care.
- Current valid Texas state license to practice physical
- Two years' experience as a Physical Therapist in an acute care
or rehabilitation setting.
- Pediatric focus and experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills and ability
to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize time and meet
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and
- Knowledge of therapy skills as defined as generally accepted
standards of practice.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment.
- Excellent communication - verbal and written, and interpersonal
- Responsive to requests.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and current
auto liability insurance.
- Bachelor's Masters, or PhD in Physical Therapy from an
Accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current Valid Texas state license to practice physical
Physical and Sensory Essential Functions:
- Requires prolonged standing and walking, some bending, pulling,
pushing, stooping, stretching and/or heavy lifting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, sufficient
to operate a keyboard, telephone and other equipment.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family
individualized psychosocial needs.
- This job operates in an office, clinic and/or patients' home
with various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious
diseases with varying exposure to noise.
- Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids Used:
- Typical office equipment including Microsoft Office Suite and
If you are interested in learning more about joining the Care
Options family, our culture, or immediate and future opportunities,
please visit us at
Thank you in advance for considering Care Options for Kids!
Keywords: Care Options For Kids, Waco , Physical Therapist (PT), Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!