Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma ICU - $35-55 per hour
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Trauma ICU for a nursing job in Waco, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Trauma ICU
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
The Trauma Registrar Registered Nurse (RN), in collaboration with
Trauma program leadership, develops and assures the quality and
accuracy of the trauma registry database. Identifies cases,
abstracts and maintains the trauma registry database according to
existing regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Analyzes and abstracts detailed clinical and administrative
data from the medical record to meet hospital, accreditation and
regulatory agency requirements.
- Initiates and performs required follow up activities to assist
in improving clinical outcomes.
- Conducts and presents trauma registry reports. Responds to
request for information utilizing available trauma related database
- Collects trauma data for injury research and prevention, as
well as quality improvement tracking. Assures accuracy and
confidentiality in the handling of all trauma registry related
- Runs reports and analyzes data to promote process improvements
and optimum patient care. Consults with physicians or other
clinical staff as needed for the assistance with acquiring trauma
case reporting information.
- Reports and transmits hospital data in a timely and complete
manner as required to relevant reporting agencies.
- Works closely with trauma leadership, hospital staff members,
and physicians to maintain trauma designation status.
- Participates in Trauma Performance Improvement Program
including data analysis, medical record extrapolation, and data
entry for the trauma registry.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Knowledge in Trauma Registry methodology, case abstracting, and
- Knowledge of data integrity and analysis.
- Knowledge of International Classification of Diseases (ICD 9
and ICD 10) coding, Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) and Injury
Severity Score (ISS) scoring.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and make
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- MAJOR - Nursing
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience
--------------Registered Nurse (RN)
--------------Abbr. Injury Scale (AAAM AIS): AIS within 12
--------------ICD10 Coding Certificate (ICD): ICD course within 12
--------------Trauma Data Registry Course (TDRC): TDRC withinin 12
--------------Cert Abbrev Injury Scale Spec (CAISS), Certified
Trauma Registries (CSTR): CSTR or CAISS within 36 months.
Baylor Scott and White Job ID #6. Pay package is based on 12 hour
shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation) with
tax-free stipend amount to be determined. Posted job title: Trauma
Registrar RNAbout Baylor Scott & White HealthBaylor Scott & White
Health is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the
state of Texas.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Referral bonus
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- License and certification reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Waco , Registered Nurse (RN) - Trauma ICU - $35-55 per hour, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!