Certified Pharmacy Technician
Company: Brookshire Grocery Company
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in
Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three
states - Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas - with three distribution
centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its
partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the
industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental,
paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive
plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to
BGC's 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and
alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40
or older), disability, genetic information or military status and
any other trait protected by law.
Responsible for assisting pharmacy personnel with preparing
prescriptions, completing related paperwork, and ordering supplies
and medications. Works with doctors and insurance companies to
obtain and verify necessary customer information.Essential Duties
- Prioritizes prescriptions orders, enters customer information
into system, and assists with filling orders.
- Contacts doctors with questions regarding refills and
clarification of prescription.
- Works with insurance companies to verify customer has necessary
- Maintains quality control by ensuring dated product is stocked,
rotated, or discarded properly if unsold.
- Ensures filled prescriptions and bulk bottles of medications
are organized properly.
- Orders supplies and medicines from wholesalers and distributors
as needed. Completes and verifies necessary paperwork, reports, and
- Scans items and keys product codes, ensures correct check-out
totals for customers, and maintains accurate money count in cash
- Maintains a friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by
greeting customers, answering questions, and responding to
complaints. Assists customers with locating and selecting
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping
environment by adhering to Company safety procedures. Complies with
all Company policies and procedures.Knowledge, Skills and
- Basic mathematical skills for counting purposes.
- Ability to read meters, dials, and calibrated scales.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize verbal, written,
or numerical information.
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft Office functions.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality regarding
- Ability to learn new technology systems, methods and
- Ability to work well with fellow partners and promote a team
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form)
with customers, partners, doctors' offices, and third-party
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and
- Ability to remain courteous with customers at all times.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends
and holidays.Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) required.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
certification required.Physical Demands
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision,
depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands for reaching, touching or
- Frequently required to use fine finger movements (ex. sorting
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up
to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Attendance at work is required.Work Context and
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.Jobs@BGC
Keywords: Brookshire Grocery Company, Waco , Certified Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!