Supervisor Respiratory Therapy FT
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 11, 2022
The Supervisor Respiratory Therapy plans, organizes and supervises
the activities of the Respiratory staff to ensure the quality care
of the patients. Assist in the development and implementation of
departmental policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Provides day-to-day supervision to the respiratory staff to
ensure quality patient care is being delivered.
- Maintains responsibility for optimal staffing levels.
- Participates in behavioral interviews, annual evaluations and
disciplinary process of employees.
- Assists in the development and implementation of departmental
policies and procedures.
- Responsible for optimal utilization of supplies and equipment.
Ensures repair and servicing of departmental equipment by
biomedical services. Coordinates and ensures rental equipment usage
- Assists in meeting the educational and developmental needs of
the respiratory department and its patients. Participates in the
learning experience of new employees and students, serves as a
- Serves as a role model for other persons in the department by
displaying a positive attitude, encouraging teamwork and promoting
positive guest relations.
- Performs patient care in response to workload and staffing
- Assists in continuous quality improvement activities. Assists
in identifying appropriate indicators for department quality
improvement programs. Assists Manager or Director in various
corrective processes when problems are identified and
- Will assume the responsibility of operation of the department
in the absence of the department Manager/Director.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Advanced understanding of Respiratory Care modalities,
therapies, equipment and medications.
- Ability to make tactical decisions around the allocation and
direction of the work of supervised employees using established
guidelines, policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to make effective hiring and termination
- Ability to train, and evaluate performance of supervised
- General computer skills, including but not limited to:
Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll
systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION Basic Life Support (BLS)
Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP): Licensed by the State of Texas
Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
Registered Respiratory Therapi (RRT): Registered Respiratory
Therapist (RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care.Facility /
Location: Hillcrest Medical Center - Waco, TexasDepartment / Shift:
Respiratory Therapy - FT Variable (8 hour shifts)
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Waco , Supervisor Respiratory Therapy FT, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!