Therapy Tech 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Therapy Technician 1 assists patients, prepares
the treatment area, and administers treatment as directed by the
supervising clinician.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Prepares and sanitizes treatment rooms for patient care.
Follows cleaning practices for equipment and treatment surfaces
along with performing preventable maintenance checks on department
equipment. Escorts patients to the treatment area in preparation
- Assists with the provisions of therapy treatment, under the
direction of a supervising clinician. Guides and monitors patients
during exercise programs.
- Assists with patient mobility to include bed mobility,
transfers and gait. Utilizes modalities correctly and answers
patient questions regarding use of modalities.
- Adheres to safety practices with patient guarding. Drapes the
patient appropriately to preserve patient modesty. Assists with
personal care and hygiene of patients as needed. Performs
activities of Daily Living (ADL) observation and assistance during
patient care. Assists with splint fabrication. Assists with wound
care to include set up of supplies and assisting with patient
- Communicates issues regarding patient performance or change in
status to the responsible clinician. Refers patient to the
clinician for communication outside of scope of care.
- Leads and\or assists with group treatment. Monitors and orders
supplies according to departmental guidelines.
- Performs administrative duties such as verifying patient
charges, patient scheduling, filing, or faxing.
- Drives vehicles transporting patients In select locations.
Staff members operating a hospital owned vehicle will have to meet
all applicable policies related to driving.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Operating and maintaining physical therapy equipment.
- Working in a healthcare environment.
- Knowing standard policies, procedures and OSHA
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer
programs, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.BENEFITSOur competitive
benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Basic Life Support (BLS):
BLS or BLS within 30 days or hire or transfer.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Waco , Therapy Tech 1, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!