RN Home Healthcare - Waco TX Market Area
Company: The Judge Group
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Location: Waco, TX
Description: RN Home Healthcare - Waco TX Market Area
Primary functions of the Registered Nurse are to administer skilled
nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence,
coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and
referring agency and assume the responsibility for coordination of
1. Assess home health and/or hospice patients in stable and
emergent situations to identify the physical, psychosocial and
environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record,
case conference, team report and evaluations.
2. Implement, develop, document and evaluate the Plan of Care (POC)
to ensure quality and continuity of care.
3. Obtain data on physical, psychological, social, spiritual and
cultural factors that may influence patient/family health status
and incorporate that data in to the Plan of Care (POC).
4. Assure continuity of quality patient care delivered with
appropriate documentation. Maintain up-to-date patient records so
that all visits, contacts, problems, plans, actions and goals are
accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they
5. Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect
both the staff and the Patient (OSHA).
6. Educates patients and/or their families regarding care, diet,
medications, home safety, etc. Uses teaching methods appropriate to
the age, condition, culture and assessed learning-readiness of the
patient and/or family members. Consistently teaches and promotes
7. Supervise and provide clinical directions to the HHA/STNA/LVN to
ensure quality and continuity of service provided.
8. Assess and reassess pain. Utilize appropriate pain management
techniques. Educate the patient and family regarding pain
9. Arranges referrals to appropriate agencies when need exists.
10. Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements
of third party payer.
11. Performs on-call responsibilities and provide on-call services
to patients/families as assigned.
12. Provides effective communication and serves as a liaison to
patients/family, team members, administration, physicians and other
health care professionals.
13. Attends interdisciplinary team meetings and other meetings when
necessary and appropriate.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
1. Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of
patients and families in varied settings.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their
family members and at all levels of the organization.
3. Knowledge of medications and their correct administration.
4. Must have knowledge of venipuncture and IV care
5. Is competent in (1) stage (as appropriate), measure and treat
surgical wounds and decubiti, (2) administer inhalation therapy,
(3) perform phlebotomy for outpatient lab testing, and (4) develop
and initiate bowel and/or bladder training programs for the home
care and/or hospice patient, in addition to all routine
medical/surgical nursing skills.
6. Is competent in (1) care and maintenance of indwelling catheters
and drains, (2) safe use of all durable medical equipment routinely
used in home setting, and (3) safe use of restraints in the home,
under the orders of a physician
7. Ability to organize tasks, develop action plans, set priorities
and function under stressful situations.
8. Maintains current licensure certifications and meets mandatory
continuing education requirements.
9. Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
10. Ability to work flexible schedule and travel locally.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality
12. Demonstrated ability to work independent and cooperatively as
an effective team member.
Homecare Homebase Software Experience - Required
OASIS Experience - Required
Current state license as a Registered Nurse - Required
CHPN certification - Preferred
Proof of current CPR certification - Required
Current driver's license - Required
Must have reliable transportation and insurance - Required
1-2 years experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care
setting - Required
2+ years Home health experience - Required.
Graduate of an accredited Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing
Diploma program - Required
Bachelors of Science in Nursing - Preferred
English Read Write Speak
Certifications & Licenses:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find
us on the web at www.judge.com
Keywords: The Judge Group, Waco , RN Home Healthcare - Waco TX Market Area, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!