Waco Hospice Certified Nursing Asst
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Certified Nurse Assistant performs various activities to
support the provision of patient care under the supervision and
direction of Nursing Manager or staff Nurse, and assists Registered
Nurses and Licensed Vocational Nurses in the treatment and care of
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Ensures patient safety and comfort while providing transfer, or
assisting with mobility, from one location to another in accordance
with established procedures.
* Assists with the provision of good patient hygiene, including
patient eliminations, in accordance with established
* Assists with the provision of proper nutrition and accurately
records meal and nourishment intake, and calorie count.
* Maintains vigilance over patient's safety ensuring all safety
precautions are observed, call lights are within reach, bed alarms
are used as appropriate, side rails are up, beds are in lowest
position, seat belts are in place, etc.
* Promptly answers all patient call lights.
* Provides various treatments in accordance with unit routines and
as directed within the parameters of this job description.
* Monitors and records patient's vital signs, intake and output and
other measurements in accordance with unit routines and as
directed. Monitors patients and reports patient's conditions at
regular intervals and prior to completion of shift, promptly
reports any signs or symptoms of concern to appropriate party.
Records interventions according to department and unit routine.
Reviews the hospital chart to familiarize self with the patient's
* Maintains unit equipment in good working order and notifies the
appropriate parties promptly when equipment requires service or
repairs. Cleans equipment and distributes based on patient needs.
Cleans patient bedside units and nursing areas not included in
general housekeeping; ensures neatness and cleanliness of patient
rooms and maintains patient care items. Monitors supply levels and
orders. Assists with the timely completion and collection of unit
* KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Ability to complete nursing assistant orientation skills
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Excellent bedside manner and ability to make patients feel at
ease. Appears friendly, reassuring and approachable to
* Ability to take instruction from a doctor.
* Familiarity with medical charts and records.
* High attention to detail.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
* EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
* Cert Nurse Assistant (CNA)
* Monday-Friday, 8-5 clinic hours
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Waco , Waco Hospice Certified Nursing Asst, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!