Laboratory Technician III - Microbiology; M-F 2-10PM*
Posted on: July 15, 2020
AbbVies mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
peoples lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, womens health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job DescriptionPosition Overview
testing on raw materials, in-process and finished product
Main Areas of Responsibilities
microbiological tests and interpreting the results based upon the
- Receives and/or
prepares supplies and media.
- Environmental facility
- General laboratory
cleaning and sanitation.
- Entering data from
testing for trend analysis.
- Performing routine
cleaning of incubators and refrigerators.
- Maintain all necessary
documentation regarding the activities listed above.
- Perform any other tasks/duties
as assigned by manager.
- One (1) year experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
microbiology lab or similar laboratory experience preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with LIMS, QMS and Trackwise preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment
- Ability to perform detailed tasks and document activities
- Able to work in an aseptic controlled environment which
includes wearing PPE, aseptic gowning qualifications, and
subsequent gowning requalification(s).
- Specific vision requirements include 20/20 near vision (can be
corrected with eyeglasses or contacts).
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional
and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based
computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn
other computer-based systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch
to reach frequently.
- Bachelors (BS/BA) degree in Microbiology or the Sciences.
- One (1) year of related lab experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: AbbVie, Waco , Laboratory Technician III - Microbiology; M-F 2-10PM*, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!