Mammography Tech 1 Waco (FISH POND) Temple and Round Rock
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 23, 2020
Under general supervision of a Radiologist, the Mammography
Technologist performs mammography procedures on ambulatory and
hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, or hospital
setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for
the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established
protocols. The Mammography Technologist performs high quality
mammography procedures, according to exam protocol, in a timely
manner. The Mammography Technologist maintains production and
quality of imaging procedures by following established standards
The Mammography Technologist job duties include, but are not
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
- Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient------s
family regarding the test to be performed and assesses
patient------s ability to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient or area for mammography procedure by
positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving
equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls
to set exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when
setting up and performing invasive mammography procedures and
maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal
operational capabilities of equipment. Reports issues to management
or appropriate department.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies,
procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental,
regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH and
- Acts as a Preceptor by providing training to new team members
and on new services and initiatives.
The ideal candidate for the Mammography Technologist role will be
able to perform high quality mammography procedures according to
exam protocol in a timely manner. The ideal candidate for the
Mammography Technologist role will also be able to ensure customer
satisfaction by limiting wait times, providing courteous service,
remaining professional, reviewing Press Ganey scores and developing
action plans when required.
- Location/Facility ------ Waco Fish Pond Clinic, Temple and
- Specialty/Department/Practice ------ Mammo
- Shift/Schedule ------ Ft, Pt and PRN
- Benefits ------ Our competitive benefits package
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- Graduate of an Accredited Program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Mammography
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography
- Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Waco , Mammography Tech 1 Waco (FISH POND) Temple and Round Rock, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!