RN Registered Nurse- Cardiovascular (Cardiac)
Company: Ascension, A45
Posted on: February 14, 2020
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse- Cardiovascular (Cardiac) - Providence Health
Center - Waco, TX
Full Time, Day (7:00am - 7:00pm)
Why Join Ascension/Providence?
Providence - Texas Providence Health Center, part of Ascension, is
located in West Waco and was founded in 1905 as Waco's first
hospital. The campus, which is part of Providence Healthcare
Network, includes a 237 bed, acute-care hospital offering the best
level of care in virtually every medical discipline. We are one of
the largest employers in Waco with over 2,200 employees who are
committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to those
At Providence Healthcare Network, we believe serving others gives
meaning, purpose and joy to our lives. The Providence mission of
compassion is perfected by our vision of excellence and we are
consistently awarded for the level of care we provide.
Some of the recent awards we are most proud of include:
- Business of the Year by Mission Waco and Business of the Year
by the African American Chamber of Commerce
- Ranked 1 st in Texas for Cardiac Surgery and among the top 5
percent in the nation.
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip
Replacements by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas At Providence, our
associates are the core of what keeps our ministry thriving.
Through interactions with patients, families and visitors, our
associates make our mission real. We also value investing into the
local community and are committed to giving back and partnering
with organizations who are making Waco a great place to live.
What Providence Healthcare Network has to offer:
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide.
That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses, so they can have
a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Front Lines: Nurses are on the front lines of the care we
provide, and for that reason, [Health Ministry] prides itself in
employing some of the best nurses in [State]. And while we pride
ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the
state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to
- Working Together: Nurses are at the heart of the care we
provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing
environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your
patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As
you embark on the first step of your nursing career, we'd like to
invite you to take it with us. We provide Our Nurses:
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient
volume, so nurses don't get overwhelmed.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment
allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines, so we
can all give better care
- Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we're
implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
- Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement
daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning
opportunities and support. What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse in our established Cardiovascular department
at Providence Healthcare Network, you will have the opportunity to
provide direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
You will make frequent utilization of your critical decision-making
skills, as well as your innate assessment skills to gain a strong
understanding of your patients current and future needs. You will
then collaborate with the other members of your unique
interdisciplinary team to best determine the next step for your
patient. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and
collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team. What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing (GN)
obtained prior to start date or job transfer date is
required-OR-Temporary or Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to
practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained
prior to hire or job transfer date-OR current home state license
for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure
Compact is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job
transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 1 - 2 years of RN Experience Preferred
- None required. Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, A45, Waco , RN Registered Nurse- Cardiovascular (Cardiac), Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!