OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGER - RN
Posted on: December 6, 2018
As an RN or LPN currently licensed to practice in the state of employment, manages Occupational Health activities, supervises other Occupational Health employees, and is responsible for direct care of employees according to medical directives, policies/procedures and physician standing orders and within the scope of practice and regulation of the State Nurse Practice Act. Directs, administers, supervises, and evaluates site Occupational Health service department with professional expertise and administrative leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains an efficient occupational health care process appropriate to the needs of the facility with respect to size and nature of work activities.
- Manages Occupational Health staff and ensures standardized application of policy and quality of nursing care. Ensures adherence to health management protocols, medical directives, policies and procedures, and physician standing orders while following guidelines indicated by Occupational Health Manual.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation of care provided meets legal requirements and provides continuity of care. Adheres to HIPAA and partner confidentiality to ensure compliance of confidentiality of employees' personal information. Establishes, maintains, and reviews a recordkeeping system that ensures confidentiality.
- Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc. Maintains OSHA log.
- Utilizes cost containment measures in department activities. Conducts functions within scope of quality of care and utilization of cost containment measures.
- Provides compassionate, quality care to employees. Provides observation, care, and counsel for employees with illness or injuries including assessment, first aid, follow-up care, rehabilitation service, and case management. Also provides first aid, minor treatment, counseling, referral and medical liaison for non-occupational health concerns of employees.
- Coordinates all worker's compensation management including compliance with requirements of state worker's compensation regulations, reporting all cases that require outside medical care to third party administrator (TPA), and initiation of internal case.
- Delivers direct care for employees at site according to medical directives within the scope of practice and regulations of the State Nurse Practice Act in the applied state. Adheres to health management policies, protocols, medical directives, and physician standing orders according to scope of practice.
- Conducts tasks in a professional and effective manner and within legal, ethical, and moral standards of care.
- Schedules health assessments and evaluations of employees for return-to-work, fitness for duty, and medical surveillance in accordance with health management and safety protocols and the authorized physician's written directives.
- Performs drug and alcohol tests in accordance to company drug and alcohol program while ensuring compliance of departmental staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require availability outside or normal business hours.
- May require travel.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
High School diploma or GED. Graduate from Associate Degree of Nursing for RN or Diploma of Nursing for RN. Completion of LPN courses.
Typically requires 1 year of experience for RN and at least 6 years of experience for LPN.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Current RN or LPN license in state of employment. Must obtain certification in urine drug screen and breath alcohol collections. Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification required.
Keywords: Pilgrim's, Waco , OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGER - RN, Executive , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!